i need a guitar that sound.... kablamo - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

i need a guitar that sound.... kablamo

yes by that i mean it has the have smoothness u must really hear a note clear and must be very REAL. i allready own a rg2550,1570 and a universe but now i want an excellent sounding guitar. i was thinking about an RGA321?...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Dee

Re: i need a guitar that sound.... kablamo

Sell your current range and buy a Suhr or something.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 06:53 PM

maybe a zachary
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Dee

Good idea.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

sell my babies? no way i just want to buy a very great sounding guitar. pls gimme some examples because i never heard of those guitars.pictures etc
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 08:53 PM

A Fender Telecaster (mexican if you're on a tight budget), although very bright, is one of the best sounding clean guitars, as is the Stratocaster, just depends which guitar you find tonally and aesthetically appealing.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

that probably be absolutely nothing for me, no single coils for me. when i talk about ibanez likely-guitars
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddingjoris View Post
sell my babies? no way i just want to buy a very great sounding guitar. pls gimme some examples because i never heard of those guitars.pictures etc
It's too hard to recommend anything. There are so many guitars to choose from, and everyone will differ in their opinions. What sounds good to one person might sound bad to the next man. Then there are features. Do you want the warmth of a rosewood fretboard, or the percussive attack and brightness of a maple board? Trem-equipped guitar or fixed bridge? Bolt-on neck or neck-thru? There are so many variables here, plus many differing opinions on what constitutes "a great guitar".

If I were you -and I'm not trying to influence your decisions here, I'm just saying what I would do- I'd just keep the Universe and sell the others. The RG2550 and RG1570 are very similar guitars; basswood bodies, Ibanez pickups, Edge Pro, Prestige Wizard profile maple neck, rosewood fretboard, jumbo frets, etc. etc. The Universe can do anything that the RG's can do, and probably sound better doing it. Why bother keeping two 6-string RG's that are largely the same when you have a superior guitar in the UV?

By the way you said "i allready own a rg2550,1570 and a universe but now i want an excellent sounding guitar", you made it seem as though you are not happy with your current guitars because they don't sound excellent, or "real". If that's how it is, why bother keeping them? If you buy some other guitar that sounds excellent, will you neglect your current RG's and Universe?

This is why I am suggesting to sell them and put the money towards a killer guitar. I love Ibanez, but they don't really make what I would describe as killer guitars. I play them because they are affordable and for the money, they play well and look good. If I wanted a killer guitar, I'd be looking to spend a few grand on something like a Suhr built to my own specifications, not buying as many RG's as I could lay my hands on.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

don't get me wrong i love all my rg's and my UV i would never sell them. its just that i'm looking for a different sound a more attacking one and still sounds very warm.... so how about the rga 321????
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 04:53 AM

Quote:
i'm looking for a different sound a more attacking one and still sounds very warm...
then get an early '90s RG550. they just kill
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 05:03 AM

I have a G&L in France that sounds like crazy... the clean sound is amazing.
It's a Legacy. I have heard the Asat model is very god also.

if you are not 100% comfy with the pickups you can swap them for something better with improved noise cancellation?

(love my Bill Lawrence L-290)
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

i tried the air norton,tone zone and the fullshred so no need to start about pickups i really need a good guitar :-) and i don't want to g back in time to get a RG 550 its hard to find here in Belgium. anyway how about the rga 321 again this one http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RGA321F

Last edited by shreddingjoris; 06-11-2007 at 11:02 AM.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:20 AM

Go for it.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

any more comments about this guitar or other???
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
yes by that i mean it has the have smoothness u must really hear a note clear and must be very REAL. i allready own a rg2550,1570 and a universe but now i want an excellent sounding guitar. i was thinking about an RGA321?...
If your 2550, 1570, and UV aren't smooth, clear and... REAL, then maybe you should look into a new amp.

I don't understand this thread. You have three awesome guitars, but want something "excellent." The only thing I can suggest is something different, but you said you would probably get an Ibanez-like guitar. If your two prestiges and one signature model don't get what you want from an Ibanez, then maybe you need something completely different. Look into strats

Tags
air norton , basswood bodies , equipped guitar , eric johnson , fender telecaster , fixed bridge , ibanez guitars , ibanez pickups , jumbo frets , killer guitar , maple neck , mesa boogie , prestige wizard , rosewood fretboard , sounding guitar , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode