I received my PGM3000 two days ago! - its incredible! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

I received my PGM3000 two days ago! - its incredible!

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/el_guitar/pgm/pgm300.html

this is an awesome guitar. *i seriously have no desire for any other guitar in the world right now. *it is my IDEAL guitar. *anyway, if anyone wants to help me with one problem though, please check out my trem post on the Repairs and Mods forum. * thanks people!
~joel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 06:37 PM

I RECEIVED MY NEW PGM 300 2 DAYS AGO!

GREAT CHOICE, MAN!!!

you've got one of the most beautiful guitars man ever built!
how does she play? what about the pick-ups?
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

GO HERE FIRST FOR PICS

http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/pgm300

then put the links in your browser. *i know it sucks, but angelfire doesn't allow remote hosting and i'm too lazy to make a half decent web site.

anyway, alright. *i'll put a review up on harmony-central.com . *what i will tell you right now is that the pickups give me a BEAUTIFUL tone for anything. *Bridge / Neck - PAF Pro. *Middle - JEM Single. *the single has a very metallic single coil snap to it, and it is very quiet at high gain, and the PAF Pro's are INCREDIBLE humbuckers. * mixed together they sound great in all types of situations i could think of. *i don't know, i might put a Tone Zone in the bridge, but i doubt i'll actually go through with it. *this guitar is perfect as it is, i don't know if it would help that much. *check harmony central in a couple days for a compelte review, and quite a story on how i got it.
~joel
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 01:15 AM

Cool. *I couldn't find you on Harmony (I guess I'm inept!) anyway, how did you get it? *How can I get one? *Just wondering. *I was looking at the PGM30s, but I really like the maple fretboard. *Thanks!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 07:02 AM

Reviews: 2

Did you pay by credit card ?

Did you insure it for the trip over.

I'm just asking cause I was thinking of getting one at some point .

Cheers
P
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

no no, the review has to be sort of verified before its up. *it'll be there in a day or two. *seriously check again, i'll write my heart out about this thing. *i got it at * Ishibashi Music . *they're an international Japanese dealer. *check em out, pleasure to do business with. *the guitar was about 1000 dollars (100 dollars shipping).

Pablo - yes, credit card. *they throw insurance coverage in with shipping, but the thing came in like 12 layers of wrapping within a soft shell gig bag and cardboard box. *it was crazy. *i could have thrown the thing down off my roof and expected it to be alrigth. *the guitar itself is just insanely solid as well. *well, read about it in the review in a couple days.
~joel
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2002, 04:57 AM

Reviews: 2

It's just that on the web site they say they only accept wire transferrs then ask you to put your CC No in.

Oh well.

The PGM300 has made it to the top of my 'next to aquire' list soon as I've paid of my Jem.

Also is it small dots that are in the center on the 12 and 24 fret ?

I notice that that on PG's he has this too as if he's swapped the neck on his.

All you need now is the fringe
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2002, 07:12 AM

for any link problems:

PGM300 1
PGM300 2
PGM300 3

pretty beautiful babe, Joel!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 12:46 PM

I wish Ibanez would make a 570 with that volume knob down outta the way like the PGM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

why not just get the 570, take off the volume knob, and then rewire the tone knob to do volume?
~joel
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 01:46 PM

aww yeaah

welcome to PGM300-land! Mine is my favorite of all my guitars, especially because of the added Tone Zone in the bridge.

http://www.pointedstick.net/colter/guitars.html
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-04-2002, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgandalf
why not just get the 570, take off the volume knob, and then rewire the tone knob to do volume?
~joel
Actually, I just re-located the volume knob. I had to splice and extend a few of the pickup wires but it works. The only thing about that is it leaves you with a hole on the face of the guitar.

It would be mucho easier and cleaner looking to just be able to buy a model without the tone knob. Oh well....
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 11:25 PM

re: I received my PGM300 two days ago! - its incredible!

Welcome to the wonderful world of the PGM-300, metalgandalf. I am a long-time San Dimas Charvel guy and I only bought the PGM-300 because I am a MAJOR Paul Gilbert fan. It quickly became my favorite guitar and now I am considering selling some of my SD's to raise money to assist in my PGM500/PGM10th search!!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM10th
I am considering selling some of my SD's to raise money to assist in my PGM500/PGM10th search!!
You just missed the 10th on Rich's site. Let's hope he can grab some more of these...

- raijin
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 03:22 AM
Vendor

I'll be grabbing as many as I can! I have 2 locked up in Europe and 2 in Asia but they still haven't come in yet, I'm working on another though

Tags
beautiful guitar , maple fret , maple fretboard , paf pro , paul gilbert , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode