I scored a new axe...Good deal or not? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

I scored a new axe...Good deal or not?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2556763207

Eeeks...I hope this isn't against the forum rules but I've never priced these guitars before but I thought $700 was reasonable. What do you guys think...No mods have been done, one ding in clearcoat on the back, one fret has a mark on it...not sure about original case or not.

Bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 11:18 PM

I don't know if $700 is a good deal or not, but that's one pretty top. That's unbelievable quilt! The back looks more like mahogany than alder to me, judging by the colour.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 11:43 PM

Can't tell what the condition of the guitar is but $700 seems like a good price, i'm no expert though...
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 04:49 AM

looks sweet! Did you get her yet? How does she play?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 06:48 AM

Wow, talk about low action --- or high pickups.

I bet that sounds great...

Good deal, hoping that it is as good everywhere else as it is on top.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 11:54 AM

I came VERY close to pulling the trigger on that one, but...I'm kind of getting away from Ibanez' at the moment.

Looks like a later Exotic Wood model (due to the thinner top). VERY nice top though- the natural finish really does it justice!

Congrats on the sweet new toy!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 02:40 PM

I'm with vaijem777...had my finger on the trigger too!...especially since that guitar is here in town. Hope it works out for you!
Greg
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 03:03 PM

Me Threee! If I hadn't gotten a 3120 last week she'd be mine!

Good luck with it, and definitely sell it here if you get tired of her.

jim
jim777 is online  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Nice, but not for me

Well, I got her yesterday and plugged her in today. Its a nice chunk of wood for sure. The color is a bit more caramel than the pic in the ebay lsiting. The inlays are nice, and overall the guitar is in excellent condition for a guitar 13 years old. I played it for awhile and then played my Peavey Wolfgang and I new immediately, i'd be putting the Ibanez back up for sale. Yeah, I could give it a few weeks and get used to it but I want to keep the Peavey and going back and forth would never work for me. They are two entirely different beasts. I'll be putting it up for sale in the classifieds for those interested.

Thanks,

Bryan

Tags
peavey wolfgang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode