I stumbled upon this yesterday - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

I stumbled upon this yesterday

Found this at a local pawn shop yesterday. I did not even know what it was until I brought it home. I am very happy with the purchase though. It is a 1994 Mercury Series Wasburn MG122 Artist. Now there was nothing on the guitar like a model number or anything. So I just took a chance and purchased it. Turns out I did real good. It has the stock pick ups and they are Seymour Duncan JB 59 in the neck and Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge. This has a curly maple top on mahogany body. 25.5 scale. Neck plays great but it is different than all of my others. Even had the original hardcase and the Wilkinson trem arm. Anyways this was Washburns custom shop bad boy from 1994. This is a Jackson design guitar when they were partners in the 1990s. It was probably the dirtiest guitar I ever laid my hands on. After about 2 hours of cleaning and oiling the fretboard, it is almost clean now!!! At least my wrags are not turning black anymore. Seems like it was some kind of oil finished neck but not sure. It may be an unfinished neck. Neck is quarter sawn too. It has no major dings or dents but there are a ton of light swirl marks and pick marks in the clear. If I keep it, I may strip out the hardware and start with 600 grit wet/dry sand paper and go up from there until it is glossy again or maybe just keep it they way it is. Some one played the heck out of it but it is still very nice guitar. And I really did get a deal on it too. Anyways just thought I would share with you other axe heads like me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Here is a link to a pic of it

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Last edited by BigTim1973; 02-24-2018 at 06:22 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Re: I stumbled upon this yesterday

Is there a photo limit on uploading here on this forum?

Last edited by BigTim1973; 02-24-2018 at 06:21 PM.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTim1973 View Post
Is there a photo limit on uploading here on this forum?
Give TinyPic a try - works very well
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Signed up with another image host so here it is. My Washburn mg122 artist

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode