Ibanez 1420F trem problem ! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Ibanez 1420F trem problem !

Hi, i just bought a used rg1420f in black haze burst and its just mint theres no sign of wear but the only thing with the guitar is that when I pull on the trem bar the strings goes sharp and when i drop the trem the strings goes flat so it can goes up to 1/2 note of difference its very annoying so if someone can help me out with it I would be glad! It has the edge pro on it!

Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 11:00 AM

Reviews: 9
Re: Ibanez 1420F trem problem !

I am sure some else will answer with more detail, but most likely your trem is not sitting at the right angle. There are diagrams (do a search) showing the correct base plate level. If the bridge does not rest at the correct angle it will not stasy in tune. The level is determined by the tension of the strings against the tension of the springs.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 01:53 PM

You can read all about the trem angle here: http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/angle.htm
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 01:06 AM

Sorry to hear about your problem, it can easily kill the fun of a new guitar.

The problem can come from many things, and it is impossible to say from what without examin the guitar.
Most common is that the knife edges on the trem are in bad condition (or the bolts they are hanging against).
It can be that the trem are, for example, set low on the treble side and high on the bas side (or the other way), that the sideway angle of the trem are to big.
It can be that the neck are moving in the neck socket and not are returning back it pitch the way it should.
It cab be that the trem springs, or the block, are touching something that makes it hard for it to return to zero.
It can be that the nut on the neck are lose, or not holding the strings securely.
And on and on.

Take it to a tech and have him look if you feel insecure.

Good luck!

/Magnus
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 03:31 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

All you have to do is use the search feature. Someone posts this same problem almost weekly.

Tags
edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode