IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop) - Page 44 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #646 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 10:04 PM

Reviews: 7
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubarão Guitars View Post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #647 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 10:48 PM

and... it's gone... haha
post #648 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 12:00 AM

Just a quick question, and maybe Im over thinking it. Could people adding "mids" back in vs. scooping these days have to do with these guitars being played in such low registers that boosting the mids kind of just brings it back up to normal guitar tone? Not sure If Im getting what Im thinking across....lol.
post #649 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmerc View Post
Just a quick question, and maybe Im over thinking it. Could people adding "mids" back in vs. scooping these days have to do with these guitars being played in such low registers that boosting the mids kind of just brings it back up to normal guitar tone? Not sure If Im getting what Im thinking across....lol.
actually cutting low mids helps get rid of mud and boosting upper mids like people do now helps keep guitars super in your face and cutting.

I really dont like that sound though as its kind of hard on the ears.
post #650 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmerc View Post
There's no one way to great amazing tone with low tuning, but the most important part is pickups. Pickups with excellent clarity and tight low end, such as my personal favorite Bare Knuckles, tend to handle it better than your average pickup. This brings out more definition from your amp, and you find yourself not needing to boost OR cut mids really. Most of my amps I have everything around noon because the guitars just sound right, due to being quality instruments with top notch pickups that i carefully select to best compliment those instruments. Generally its only when someone uses pickups that are a mismatch for their guitar or exaggerate their guitars/amps/speakers "flaws", where major boosting or cutting is needed.

Golden rule in audio engineering though: its always better to cut than add something thats not there. Get pickups that compliment the natural sound of your guitar. Pickups aren't one size fits all. This will be an important first step. Then once the guitar is balanced amongst itself, getting the most from your amp will be that much easier. Obviously the better the amp, the less tweaking you'll find yourself needing to do because the frequencies you'd want are already there and the ones you wouldn't want in your sound are automatically de-emphasized.
post #651 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 05:20 AM

post #652 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 05:50 AM

Reviews: 25

Quote:
No friggin way an 8 string Jem ??? DAMN !!!!!

Shame about the white !!
post #653 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
No friggin way an 8 string Jem ??? DAMN !!!!!

Shame about the white !!
Nope. That's the new Tosin Abasi Signature.
post #654 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 AM

Reviews: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wern View Post
Nope. That's the new Tosin Abasi Signature.
Bloody White !!!
post #655 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:

WOOHOOO ! I suggested that and my dream came true !

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f15/ne...-123274-2.html
post #656 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 AM

Reviews: 21

Are those pearl tuning pegs on the Tosin? If so that and the tortise shell are a nice touch. I think his current 8 has a tortise shell pickguard, no?
post #657 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Are those pearl tuning pegs on the Tosin? If so that and the tortise shell are a nice touch. I think his current 8 has a tortise shell pickguard, no?
It looks they are. Seach in youtube for a video of Tosin introducing the guitar & his DiMarzio signature pickups Ionizer 8 (I'm too noob for link posting ). It's the very first time that a 8 string guitar makes me feel sick of GAS
post #658 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 PM

I would assume it will be this guitar.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBVRXQh5cU4
post #659 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wern View Post
It looks they are. Seach in youtube for a video of Tosin introducing the guitar & his DiMarzio signature pickups Ionizer 8 (I'm too noob for link posting ). It's the very first time that a 8 string guitar makes me feel sick of GAS
I think some of the guitars I have seen Tosin with are one of a kind instruments for him. He also likes to experiment with pickups, passive to EMG back to passive, but regardless of what he uses he still sounds the same. That guy has so much technique and sounds good on anything.

He's worthy, like Satch and Vai, to have his own dedicated full line. It would also be timely with djent being the big thing and showing no signs of slowing down.

For 2013, I would like at least two levels for Tosin (like Satch and Vai) with Prestige priced guitar similar to JS1000 or most of the Jems and Premium priced guitar similar to JS100 or the seafoam green Jem. With so many kids into djent, with possibly smaller funds, a Tosin endorsed RG8 with $449 street price as opposed to regular RG8 at $399 should prove to be a big seller. Just have an RG8, use regular body, neck, and Ibanez pickup, but maybe have those pearl button tuners and different (Tosin only) finish and call it a signature.
post #660 of 991 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
I think some of the guitars I have seen Tosin with are one of a kind instruments for him. He also likes to experiment with pickups, passive to EMG back to passive, but regardless of what he uses he still sounds the same. That guy has so much technique and sounds good on anything.

He's worthy, like Satch and Vai, to have his own dedicated full line. It would also be timely with djent being the big thing and showing no signs of slowing down.

For 2013, I would like at least two levels for Tosin (like Satch and Vai) with Prestige priced guitar similar to JS1000 or most of the Jems and Premium priced guitar similar to JS100 or the seafoam green Jem. With so many kids into djent, with possibly smaller funds, a Tosin endorsed RG8 with $449 street price as opposed to regular RG8 at $399 should prove to be a big seller. Just have an RG8, use regular body, neck, and Ibanez pickup, but maybe have those pearl button tuners and different (Tosin only) finish and call it a signature.
If I was Ibanez I'd be very concerned investing too much money in niche signature model 8-strings like you suggest. It would be nice, but its a dangerous game. Even if "djent" turns out not to be a fad, most of those guys prefer 7-strings over 8-strings. And then to make it affordable like that, they'd have to skimp and it would just have people bitching and moaning about it.

Ibanez is releasing SO MANY 8-strings this year that ARE affordable. Let that be the entry level ones and leave the Tosin model as a high-end model. I don't know about you guys, but I was ever fortunate enough to have a signature model guitar, I wouldn't want MY name on cheap entry level guitars. I'd want my name associated only with a top notch guitar. I realize the cheaper MII ones are nice, I've been a champion of them many times in this thread, but still.

Now... what would be nice would be a Prestige version of it that costs less than curerent one, which is in every sense a J-Custom.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode