Ibanez 2019 NAMM Speculation Thread - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

288Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 07:49 AM

Reviews: 21
Re: Ibanez 2019 NAMM Speculation Thread

Doesn't Japan have a worker shortage? I wonder how that plays into things. Guitar building seems more like a craftsman's trade even with modern automation, no?
I also wonder if that plays into Fuji's QC lately too. Couple that with what Rich said about increased demand from China....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Doesn't Japan have a worker shortage? I wonder how that plays into things. Guitar building seems more like a craftsman's trade even with modern automation, no?
I also wonder if that plays into Fuji's QC lately too. Couple that with what Rich said about increased demand from China....
Yeah there is a worker shortage here, and most people can't get hired by Ibanez to make MIJ stuff; I heard they're super stingy about who they hire over here.
mike570 likes this.
post #48 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Yeah there is a worker shortage here, and most people can't get hired by Ibanez to make MIJ stuff; I heard they're super stingy about who they hire over here.
But really it would be Fuji doing the hiring, right?

Side note: way back I started to learn Japanese, not just out of an interest in the culture but thinking I might work there one day - before I got married I mean.
There isn't much left in my memory. I can probably get to the airport and hotel.
Then there's important phrases for an American businessman I'd imagine...

Biru kudasai?
Toire wa doko desu ka?

post #49 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:

Side note: way back I started to learn Japanese, not just out of an interest in the culture but thinking I might work there one day - before I got married I mean.
There isn't much left in my memory. I can probably get to the airport and hotel.

Biru kudasai?
Toire wa doko desu ka?

That I'm not exactly sure, Hoshino and Fuji are so synonymous that I can't give a correct answer on that. My GUESS would be you're right, but I know it's harder than hell to get a job with Ibanez. Wish I could though, they are a reliable company. Maybe after I get my Permanent residency I'll try to apply with them.

If you heard my japanese, you'd think I was japanese if you just talked to me on the phone and didn't know anything about me. I get that a lot
mike570 likes this.
post #50 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post

If you heard my japanese, you'd think I was japanese if you just talked to me on the phone and didn't know anything about me. I get that a lot
That's pretty cool. Immersion is the best way to go. There's no Japantown in South Florida though.
I'm Latino and know Spanish from being raised by my grandmother but I don't have an accent. I also started Japanese so I can understand what it's like to learn a new language as an adult from scratch. NOT easy! But I can empathize totally with people who come here and learn English.

Getting a bit back on topic....
I also wonder if Ibanez is going to expand its pedal offerings. Aside from the twenty different flavors of Tubescreamers. The AF-2 Airplane Flanger is still a staple in my pedal board.
Also, I wonder if they're ever going to offer a Tubescreamer amp with more than 30w. But then maybe pedals and amps are an afterthought of sorts. The Tubescreamer amp is kind of interesting but it's a little thin on features compared to modern amps too, power output aside.
post #51 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
That's pretty cool. Immersion is the best way to go. There's no Japantown in South Florida though.
I'm Latino and know Spanish from being raised by my grandmother but I don't have an accent. I also started Japanese so I can understand what it's like to learn a new language as an adult from scratch. NOT easy! But I can empathize totally with people who come here and learn English.

Getting a bit back on topic....
I also wonder if Ibanez is going to expand its pedal offerings. Aside from the twenty different flavors of Tubescreamers. The AF-2 Airplane Flanger is still a staple in my pedal board.
Also, I wonder if they're ever going to offer a Tubescreamer amp with more than 30w. But then maybe pedals and amps are an afterthought of sorts. The Tubescreamer amp is kind of interesting but it's a little thin on features compared to modern amps too, power output aside.
Well it seems the Nutube TS has gone over pretty well, at least over here, so maybe? i'd love it if they did reissues of the old mid 80s Choruses and Delays. I have the DL10 and the digital chorus and they are absolutely incredible. People spend hundreds of dollars on that damn Boss CH-1 or CH2 from the 80s, but the Ibanez chorus from 85-86 is absolutely awesome, and for WAY less than either of those.
mike570 likes this.
post #52 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 11:09 AM

What do yall think of the chances of getting some of the cool Kiesel options that are out?
I personally would LOVE a Royal Ebony fretboard, something about the look of those has me hooked.
post #53 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshtsavo View Post
What do yall think of the chances of getting some of the cool Kiesel options that are out?
I personally would LOVE a Royal Ebony fretboard, something about the look of those has me hooked.
Kiesel is all hype, no substance, especially with that idiot who has to spend his time bashing Japan and not actually making guitars that dont look like someone shat them out during a laxative binge.
post #54 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 11:26 AM

Hey, i'm not saying Kiesel is any better than Ibanez, i've always had Ibanez and always will, but I can admit the look of the Royal Ebony fretboards with the patterns on them are tempting, wish Ibanez would just include that option on an S.
post #55 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 02:34 PM

That's funny because a lot of times I see Kiesel guitars on my feed (I follow them) and they look like they rip off Ibanez finishes a lot. Maybe not on their fretboards though which are nice.
Though I will say Thomas McRoclkin's green Osiris with the maple board and the white pickups looks mighty SCHWEEEEEET!!!!!
post #56 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:

Biru kudasai?
Toire wa doko desu ka?

You obviously had the same textbook I did! Iíve been to Japan loads of times and those two phrases are the ones Iíve used most often!
mike570 likes this.
post #57 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

And... JBM10!!!!

White and gold but with a black bridge

Why, Jake? WHYYYYY?
post #58 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
You obviously had the same textbook I did! Iíve been to Japan loads of times and those two phrases are the ones Iíve used most often!
Yeah man. But the real miracle would be me understanding the directions to the bathroom when they reply.

That white Jake Bowen looks sick! I just saw it a little bit ago on my Facebook feed.
post #59 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Yeah, 24 frets kind of completely misses the point of the whole concept of the Genesis series. S-series are a great idea and incredibly sleek, but too small for me, my green doom burst doesn't get nearly enough playtime in comparison to how cool it looks. I also wish they'd move they'd move the jack socket to the back of the guitar or something!

Yeah... The S series green doom burst is one of the best looking electric guitars ever made. Just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure it's correct! ;-)

Also, since this is a pipe dream thread, how about a basswood Roadstar II reissue with original neck and body shape, edge trem, with MOP eagle inlay like the old "Black Eagle" Ibanez basses had? Ebony board w/tree of life would look killer with that body. I know it's far out there, but hey.. a fella can dream!
Hoseki likes this.
post #60 of 570 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 07:19 AM

An employee from Ibanez has stated in a thread on this site that Ibanez have no plans to put a trem on an 8 string as it does not fit into their current business model....

You can always buy the Schecter C8-FR, that has been available to buy for over 3 years!

For NAMM2019 I would like to see:

RG550 back in the range with the AANJ and LoPro Edge trem
Goodbye to the JEM Jr they already sell a white RG350DX plus it is a bit of an insult to the JEM range...
More Edge/LoPro trems less Edge Zero 2
More ebony fingerboards! If ESP and Jackson can do it sub $900 (with fret markers) why not Ibanez?
More guitars with a maple or rosewood (or is it PangaPanga?) fingerboard option
Reissue of the AR350 (the only Artist with the Edge trem!)
Limited edition JEM7VWH with LoPro Edge trem, sustainer and fretless(!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode