Ibanez 2019 NAMM Speculation Thread - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

288Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez 2019 NAMM Speculation Thread

Well I noticed I started the Ibanez 2018 NAMM Speculation Thread on the 13th of September last year....so...... here we go.....again

Leaks, Speculations and Wishes....
MatiasTolkki and Leviathus like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Re: Ibanez 2019 NAMM Speculation Thread

As usual I wouldn't mind a new colour JS (other than the Chrome 1CR we all know is coming) and for my Jem brothers, a new Japanese Jem?
post #3 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 09:01 AM

Reviews: 21

Wish list: (not that I'm going to be buying next year.... )

Solid color AZ's, both Prestige and Premium.
The Genesis line issuing an RG560. Also more colors for the existing lineup. Imagine the blue frost Charvel San Dimas - only as an RG570 Genesis? O_o
Still holding out hope for the RGV.... probably not though as it was axed a few years back in Japan.
This to come to the United States
Electric Guitars RG - RG2540MZ Prestige | Ibanez guitars
Or this
Electric Guitars RG - RG652AHMFS Prestige | Ibanez guitars
I would go mental if this came out here.
Electric Guitar RG - RG950FMZ PREMIUM | Ibanez guitars

JEM folks NEED a new MIJ model. Give it to 'em, Ibanez!

An Iceman that doesn't have the jack on the front face. That just ruins the IC520 for me.

A limited PGM Telesavalas model..... hey, I can dream right?

I still also say Ibanez should rename artist models like the TAM Music Man Axis style and continue selling them for a little less under a different name. Not the TAM specifically but there may be other models they can do that with I think.

That's my $0.02. Not that any of it will happen.
post #4 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 01:35 PM

Sorry Mike but the more I see in the future, the more past inspires me !
Looking good is one thing, but luthery is double : looks nice and works/sounds well
And I think we are over those rules due to business (may I say greed? )
post #5 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 10:36 PM

Wishes:

1. Al Joseph signature. And not a dumbed-down Premium version--I want his satin blue LACS turned into a Prestige production model, maybe with 1-2 additional color options.

2. 7-String versions of the RG550's. I've long dreamt of a 7-string DSY or RFR RG550.

3. Still hoping for a 7-string Prestige version of the JBM100.

4. Would like to see some more 8-string options.
post #6 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaestro View Post
Wishes:

1. Al Joseph signature. And not a dumbed-down Premium version--I want his satin blue LACS turned into a Prestige production model, maybe with 1-2 additional color options.

2. 7-String versions of the RG550's. I've long dreamt of a 7-string DSY or RFR RG550.

A MIJ/Prestige RG 8-string with a Lo-Pro Edge 8 would be a good option to offer. It always has been. Whether or not a player wants their bridge to move around or not is a pretty significant feature. Ibanez has made Lo-Pro Edge 8's and for endorsees so I assume they work. (If not, that changes things.) It comes down to offering two choices which have nothing to do with string count: hardtail bridge or floating bridge. Does anyone here have an Ibanez guitar with an Edge/Lo-Pro Edge in a 6 or 7 string configuration?
post #7 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Wishes:

I think 1-3 need to happen. 4 would be good but the 8 string thing might have run it's course. Realistically I think my only guitar purchases next year will be a cheapo RG8 and an EHX Synth9 just to mess around with the two of them together.
Thinking about the JEM 7V7 and then imagining a seven string RG550 RF or DY is a pretty amazing thing.
And totally on board with the MIJ Al Joseph. Dude is amazing!!!!
post #8 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
7-String versions of the RG550's. I've long dreamt of a 7-string DSY or RFR RG550.
I feel like a lot of folks would be down with this, who wouldn't want a $1100 Blaze-less MIJ UV? lol. Would be kinda weird having them out under the Genesis umbrella though as they'd be new models but aren't the hardtail Genesis's technically new too? I think unfortunately this idea's too good for Ibanez to make it come true though, hopefully i'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
A MIJ/Prestige RG 8-string with a Lo-Pro Edge 8 would be a good option to offer.
I'd love this too, though i'm not sure if there's enough 8-string players who want a trem to warrant making them production models. Sounds more like a dealer run guitar to me.
mike570 likes this.
post #9 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
A MIJ/Prestige RG 8-string with a Lo-Pro Edge 8 would be a good option to offer. It always has been. Whether or not a player wants their bridge to move around or not is a pretty significant feature. Ibanez has made Lo-Pro Edge 8's and for endorsees so I assume they work. (If not, that changes things.) It comes down to offering two choices which have nothing to do with string count: hardtail bridge or floating bridge. Does anyone here have an Ibanez guitar with an Edge/Lo-Pro Edge in a 6 or 7 string configuration?
I've always wondered about 8-string trems. I know they're out there and in-use, but that seems like an awful lot of pressure on those thin little knife edges. Or, do they have beefier knife edges?
post #10 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 05:02 PM

Seems like it would just need the fourth spring. I guess that is a lot of tension. I wonder if the ball bearing ZR type system would work or if customers would reject that.
post #11 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 07:35 PM

https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f22/o...am-131155.html
I do not think Ibanez will release an RG with a Lo-Pro 8, but I still think it is a good idea. The addition would be more substantive than "a different shade of blue."
post #12 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 09:22 AM

I'd like to see genesis RG565s with maple boards. That's one model that got screwed over with the 25ths and that needs to be rectified.

Fire alarm red or some of the 1 off colors like heather pearl would be absolutely perfect.
Rtowell73 likes this.
post #13 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
I'd like to see genesis RG565s with maple boards. That's one model that got screwed over with the 25ths and that needs to be rectified.

Fire alarm red or some of the 1 off colors like heather pearl would be absolutely perfect.

YES! Just leave off the funky colored fret marker dots... ;-)

I would like to see them add some quality hardtail bridge options to the AZ line. Not the cheapo stamped ones like they use on lower line guitars, but the nice Gibraltar Standard II bridge. They can't cost that much more than the cheap ones... Just put the good ones on all hardtails that don't say GIO!
post #14 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 12:35 PM

I personally just want an updated color line for the S series. 2 years in a row with the same color schemes and appointments.
Maybe a new S uppercut. I've got the first Uppercut S, would love another.
post #15 of 569 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshtsavo View Post
I personally just want an updated color line for the S series. 2 years in a row with the same color schemes and appointments.
Maybe a new S uppercut. I've got the first Uppercut S, would love another.
What about a Genesis line of 24 fret Sabers in colors like Lipstick red? YUMMY
Rtowell73 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode