Ibanez 2027 - I'm considering adding one of these... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2000, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez 2027 - I'm considering adding one of these...

I've seen a few ppl post that they own one of these guitars. Can anyone give me some feedback (other then what was posted in the other thread; other owners I mean) positive and negative.

How does the piezio pickup sound (this is the one with the piezio right?).

And I've only seen it in the VV (vintage violin) finish, is that the only one available?

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2000, 08:10 AM

Ibanez 2027

They are only available in VV, and yes, its the one with the peizo, which sounds great. I don't own one, but I've played them. The biggest complaint seems to be the pickups, which are the standard Ibanez V series. A set of Blazes or a Tone Zone 7 and a PAF 7 should take care of that. I think this guitar retails for $1600 or $1700, you should be able to get it for under $1200. I say if you like the guitar, buy it!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2000, 02:34 PM

Reviews: 3
Ibanez 2027

Call me goofy, but I like the pickups. *Lot smoother than a Blaze II that is for sure. *I really like mine. *Every now and then I wish it had a different fretboard(maybe Brazillian Rosewood... MAYBE ebony). *Plays pretty nice, neck is pretty thin... Top looks cool. *I'd take it over a UV.... in fact, I sold my UV777BK to get it.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2000, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez 2027

Hrm. I dunno if I'd sell my UV for it..

Specially since I really like having similar guitars with different woods.. having different tonal structures available due to woods is always nice. I tend to put different pickups in'em too. I'd probably fill that one up w/ Duncans (I rarely ever like stockers).

Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2000, 08:09 PM

Ibanez 2027

hey man ive been playing on one since they first came out.. and as they said it only comes in VV but it looks so much sweeter than any of the pictures ive seen.. it always looks orange in them but its really not to bad.

the neck feels really smooth and has barly any finish on the back which i know like so much that i striped my other guitars satin finish... *and call me crazy but i love that it only has the 12th fret marker...
piezo sounds great .. but i think this guitar was worth 1200 without it.. its just a great bonus...
the stock pickups are really smooth but way to many mids for me i through in some blaz's and it sounds o so sweet.. mainly becuase the mahogany brings out the the perfect balance...
if you need any more info check out harmony central they have a ton
buzz
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez 2027

Yeah..

I'm getting more and more 'curious' about this guitar.

BTW- I love the inlay (or lack thereof).

Odd bunch we are, we like vine inlays and no inlays, but dots just gross us out.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 08:47 AM

Ibanez 2027

i know what you mean jeffery ..its like i said in a previous post.. ive bought 3 guitars since my 2027 one being a paul reed smith.. and i still go back to my 2027.. its the best ive found
buzz
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez 2027

HMmm...

FIENDS! Your making me want to spend money! Stoppit!

Hehe. Hopefully Santa will be good to me and gimme money! :biggrin:
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 05:27 PM

Ibanez 2027

I too am one step away from ordering one I will probably wait till January though. It was a tough call between that and a blue JS 1000.

What's the switches and knobs do on the 2027?
Is it master tone and vol on off for piezo and piezo vol? what does the other switch do? *

I've also thought of lets say an imaginative way to wire it up all I need to know is do you get single coil humbuckers for a 7 string? And also can you get sustainer units for a 7?

Pablo
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 06:22 PM

Ibanez 2027

Yes, Sustainers are available for 7-strings.

Check out http://www.sustainiac.com

A Sustainiac Stealth unit costs US$199 plus $50 extra for the 7-string version. It's available in black or white. If you want to use the transducer as an active pickup as well, go for the Stealth+, which is US$229 plus $50 extra for the 7-string version.

Keep in mind that this is a single-coil-sized transducer that needs to be mounted in the neck position. You can fill the other side of the humbucker space with a blank (an empty Blaze 7 single-coil cover) or a single-coil-sized pickup. The only DiMarzio pickup available is the Blaze 7 middle. I don't know if Duncan has made any of their compact humbuckers available for 7-string guitars. It seems that almost every 7-string out there only has humbuckers.

I don't know for sure what that extra switch on the 2027 is for... perhaps mono/stereo output?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 05:55 PM

Ibanez 2027

The switches for the 2027 are as follows.

5-way for magnetic, plus a *volume and tone (in the same pattern as a regular ibanez)

one knob for volume on the piezo (b, or second output)

one push button deciding if your using 1 or 2 outputs.

one silver toggle switch that decides if your on output one or two

If the button is in; then the silver switch will be magnetic in the up position, and piezo in the down

If the button is out; then the silver switch will still be magnetic in the up position, but a cut off switch in the down. (which makes for some cool effects) or if you have a second amp it will run piezo to that amp.

hope i helped
buzz
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2000, 11:43 PM

Ibanez 2027

Im considering a trade for my JPM P3 right now, and I can't decide what to do.
If I knew I could get JPM sounds out of the 2027, I'd probably go right for it, but the I guess the pickups and the switching will make the biggest difference.
I might wait for tax refund money. *Maybe this year it will be nicer than it has been in the past. *I consistently get about 300 back, but i got lots of bonus checks this year, so maybe the stars are shining on me.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 01:49 PM

Reviews: 2
Ibanez 2027

I'd keep your JPM since it's not getting made anymore but buy a 2027 soon as it's getting discontinued.

Tags
dimarzio pickup , master tone , neck position , paul reed , paul reed smith , reed smith , string guitars , toggle switch , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode