This Ibanez 570 MIJ must be a good deal? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
This Ibanez 570 MIJ must be a good deal?

Today i did go check this Ibanez 570 MIJ out. 2001 year model. Super wizard (wizard) neck-the one with the bubinga stripe. Original edge trem,turners stamped made in japan. No fretware. Clean neck,fretboard&head. Edge looks new,front and back of body totaly clean. 3 small dings in total, 2 on jackside of body, 1 underside of lower horn. They are like 0,5cm max. Seller wants 373.92 USD. Comes without a case. What you say guys is it a good deal?

Thanks in advance/maqify
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 02:32 PM

Re: This Ibanez 570 MIJ must be a good deal?

Definately! I got my 2001 RG570 for 450€(roughly 550$) and it still is a killer deal considering today's prices in the same quality class. You won't regret it.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 02:34 PM

Did it speak to you?

Even if a guitar is a good deal, I wouldn't buy it unless it speaks to me. The guitar chooses you.
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreak777 View Post
Definately! I got my 2001 RG570 for 450€(roughly 550$) and it still is a killer deal considering today's prices in the same quality class. You won't regret it.
Yeah ok, do you also got the made in japan on back of turners? Think some rg got goth turners. dosen't mean that mush i think,both good i guess.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfistx View Post
Did it speak to you?

Even if a guitar is a good deal, I wouldn't buy it unless it speaks to me. The guitar chooses you.

Hey maan i know what you're saying, well i don't really need any guitar but been thiking about having a RG like i used to have when i did start playing, today the neck felt good, and i got a very nice color, so i guess it did speak to me, guess it was also a combination of good deal combined with my urge for a mij rg,with edge.
/maqify
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 02:39 PM

If you like how it plays I'd say it's a good deal as long as the neck isn't cracked behind the nut or anything....

I have a 2001 also and I love how it plays...I got mine from a member here for $300 w/ a falling apart case (not disclosed), but I had to fix a crack behind the nut that I knew about beforehand and one in the bubinga (not disclosed).
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqify View Post
Yeah ok, do you also got the made in japan on back of turners? Think some rg got goth turners. dosen't mean that mush i think,both good i guess.
The tuners don't matter all that much when they are behind a locking nut
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR2009 View Post
If you like how it plays I'd say it's a good deal as long as the neck isn't cracked behind the nut or anything....

I have a 2001 also and I love how it plays...I got mine from a member here for $300 w/ a falling apart case (not disclosed), but I had to fix a crack behind the nut that I knew about beforehand and one in the bubinga (not disclosed).
Did not see any cracks, It got AANj, how do you mean one in the bubinga? like a crack in the srtipe? thats not good, if i will buy it i will have to check for that closely then. He said he was the original owner(not sure) what would the price have been in 2001?

Thanks for your reply
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Btw...i diden't think neck cracks would (not very often anyway) apper with the AANJ. So what-you did have to remove the nack and fix the neck crack? must have been through the wood then or?
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 03:21 PM

Cool guitar and a great price (under 300 euro right?). I'd snap it up providing all is okay with it.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Btw...i diden't think neck cracks would (not very often anyway) apper with the AANJ. So what-you did have to remove the nack and fix the neck crack? must have been through the wood then or?
The cracks were behind the locking nut (right before the headstock) and across the bubinga stripe on the nut side. This has nothing to do with the AANJ, the cracks behind the locking nut happen when the bolts holding the nut on are tightened too much...just look in between the two bolts on the back of the neck near the headstock and inspect for hairline cracks...

IDK what the price in 2001 was, but WAY over $373.92 ...I just bought it a few months ago from a less than honest seller that belongs to jemsite. I've had RG's with cracks behind the nut before that I played for years without any problems whatsoever, but it does hurt the value a bit.

Yes I took the neck off, glued the crack, sanded the neck down to wood and refinished with mineral oil... now it's as smooth as Keith Stone Has he made it to Sweden yet?

Last edited by Swirltop; 05-15-2012 at 03:40 PM.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Cool guitar and a great price (under 300 euro right?). I'd snap it up providing all is okay with it.

Yes aprox 274Euro, might be able to cut the price down but seller seemed a bity firm on the price.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The cracks were behind the locking nut (right before the headstock) and across the bubinga stripe on the nut side. This has nothing to do with the AANJ, the cracks behind the locking nut happen when the bolts holding the nut on are tightened too much...just look in between the two bolts on the back of the neck near the headstock and inspect for hairline cracks...

IDK what the price in 2001 was, but WAY over $373.92 ...I just bought it a few months ago from a less than honest seller that belongs to jemsite. I've had RG's with cracks behind the nut before that I played for years without any problems whatsoever, but it does hurt the value a bit.

Yes I took the neck off, glued the crack, sanded the neck down to wood and refinished with mineral oil... now it's as smooth as Keith Stone Has he made it to Sweden yet?

Aha i diden't recognize that was the nut. Ok will check that, but don't think it was anything. Good advice anyway. Keith Stone have a never heard of. Not so cool you diden't get told about the nutcrack before you bought it.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post

btw i trade it for your J Custom RG Gear-1
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Aha i diden't recognize that was the nut. Ok will check that, but don't think it was anything. Good advice anyway. Keith Stone have a never heard of. Not so cool you diden't get told about the nutcrack before you bought it.
Oh no I knew about the nut crack before the sale; I just didn't know about the falling apart case or the crack in the stripe...

BTW if you find an RG570 that feels great to you, it will be one of the best guitars in that price range that you could ever find. IMHO these guitars are way under priced for the quality of the instrument and deserve much more recognition than they receive. I hope you enjoy it if you buy it...and post up some pics in an NGD thread!

Tags
bubinga stripe , ibanez 570 , mij , original edge , wizard neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode