Ibanez 7 String Acoustic - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez 7 String Acoustic

Bout time!

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_a...&series_id=133

If they come to NZ ill be getting one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 02:24 AM

Reviews: 4
Re: Ibanez 7 String Acoustic

Very nice-looking. I already have the AJ307CE but I could be tempted to get another...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 AM
Banned

GOOD FIND!!!! I had no idea that was coming. I might have to get myself one too.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Sadly not to NZ or Oz by the looks..... time to go a searchin for an offshore seller!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 04:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean777 View Post
Sadly not to NZ or Oz by the looks..... time to go a searchin for an offshore seller!
You may not need to yet. I work for Ishibashi Music in Tokyo and I just called a friend of mine who works for Hoshino here in Japan.

He told me that they WILL be available in Australia. Sorry to say I didn't ask about NZ, but I am pretty sure that Australis Music in Sydney is also the distributor in both OZ & NZ. Maybe contact them and see first.

I want one for myself and my friend is looking into seeing if they will even be available here in Japan

What a crazy world we live in when an Ibanez guitar might or might not even be available in JAPAN!!!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

Cheets man,

I spoke with Australis Australia who said they wont get any in... Waiting on hearing from MusicWorks NZ.... Wont stop me tho.... Have ordered guitars from Ibanez dealers in the US and Germany before.... Even after shipping and customs it worked out cheaper!.... Fingers crossed Japan gets them!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 AM

Reviews: 21

Yep, i'll be getting one of these. I just cant play 6 strings no more....im too used to the thickness of a 7 string......and finding a AJ307CE is becoming damn hard

Dont suck balls Ibanez....bring em to OZ
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean777 View Post
Cheets man,

I spoke with Australis Australia who said they wont get any in... Waiting on hearing from MusicWorks NZ.... Wont stop me tho.... Have ordered guitars from Ibanez dealers in the US and Germany before.... Even after shipping and customs it worked out cheaper!.... Fingers crossed Japan gets them!
Bummer...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV-7-BK View Post
Yep, i'll be getting one of these. I just cant play 6 strings no more....im too used to the thickness of a 7 string......and finding a AJ307CE is becoming damn hard

Dont suck balls Ibanez....bring em to OZ
UV-7-BK: I'm going to defend Australis here who as most of you know bring Ibanez into Australia. I'm an Aussie and I work in Japan for Ishibashi and I worked in Australian Guitar Shops for around 10 years so I know how this all works.

Fact is, it's not as simple as "not sucking balls". There is a requirement from the various individual factories (not just a brand as a whole) to order in bulk and also to order a much larger number than just say 10, 20 or whatever of just one model.

Think about it this way, Australia is roughly 22,000,000 people. The USA has roughly 365,000,000 people. That's a HUGE difference. And then on top of that, most of you will probably want to shop in the USA to save $50 anyway.

Simple fact is, if you want companies like Australis to help support you guys, you need to support them and have a little bit of patience for them to be able to get things into play.

So to return the sentiment you so lovingly used, are you going to not suck balls and be patient enough for a month or two for them to be able to make the AEL20E a reality in Australia?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie View Post
Bummer...
And by the way, I PERSONALLY spoke with the head of Ibanez in Australia as well as the Hoshino international sales manager in Japan who deals with the Australian account about this and they are working on it for you guys
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:49 AM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in Tokyo View Post
UV-7-BK: I'm going to defend Australis here who as most of you know bring Ibanez into Australia. I'm an Aussie and I work in Japan for Ishibashi and I worked in Australian Guitar Shops for around 10 years so I know how this all works.

Fact is, it's not as simple as "not sucking balls". There is a requirement from the various individual factories (not just a brand as a whole) to order in bulk and also to order a much larger number than just say 10, 20 or whatever of just one model.

Think about it this way, Australia is roughly 22,000,000 people. The USA has roughly 365,000,000 people. That's a HUGE difference. And then on top of that, most of you will probably want to shop in the USA to save $50 anyway.

Simple fact is, if you want companies like Australis to help support you guys, you need to support them and have a little bit of patience for them to be able to get things into play.

So to return the sentiment you so lovingly used, are you going to not suck balls and be patient enough for a month or two for them to be able to make the AEL20E a reality in Australia?
If AEL207E becomes a reality in oz, i'll suck my own balls!!!! LOL

I hear what you're saying, and it makes perfect sense.....i guess im in the minority of people who arent interesting in 6 strings......so forgive my frustration. Wasnt meant to be a scathing attack on anyone so plz dont take any offence.

I'll be looking forward to any developments that happen!!

Just curious, do you have a ballpark figure on its RRP?

And thanks for delicately responding haha
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:

I hear what you're saying, and it makes perfect sense.....i guess im in the minority of people who arent interesting in 6 strings......so forgive my frustration. Wasnt meant to be a scathing attack on anyone so plz dont take any offence.

Me delicate? Ummm? You're a funny guy

I like you already. Anyone who is willing to sit back and take back words said incorrectly, out of frustration or in angry is all good with me.

No idea on an RRP as yet. I'm sitting trying to find out if they are even coming into Japan for sure yet. I'm also keeping an eye on the Aussie market as well.

You know, you're best this is to do what Sean777 did and email Australis yourself. Same with anyone you know who also wants to buy one because the more genuine interest there is, the more likely it will happen.

And like I said, if you can be patient for it to come into Australia via Australis rather than buying from overseas, that will make a MUCH better chance for them to get more exclusive and obscure product in the future for you to enjoy.

Buying used is a different story, but if you guys don't support your local stores with new stuff, you will eventually kill the local market and you won't have anything left. The same thing goes with the simplest stuff like picks, strings, straps and all other accessories.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Vendor

Quote:

Your best bet

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f20/ael207e-128562.html

Fact is the US doesn't get plenty of models people want and they have to buy it from wherever they can if they're serious about owning one. That goes for wherever you call home.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Just got an email from Sam Ash, my AEL 7 String has shipped.... post some pics when it arrives.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode