Ibanez 920QM Premium - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
Ibanez 920QM Premium

Hey what's up with the new Premium RG920?? I was browsing a couple gear sites and just stumbled upon the RG920. Noticed they were saying it won't be around until April. Thought these guitars were supposed to be out already?? So I checked a few more sites and noticed everyone has pushed back the arrival times again for these guitars.

Is there a backlog on the new RG920QM's?? or did Ibanez not realize that these guitars would be as popular and have run out of supplies to vendors?? I was going to pre-order one through Rich but personal reasons kept that from happening right now. But now that I'm seeing these guitars aren't showing up, I'm kind of glad I didn't get to order one.

Bummer if these guitars aren't showing up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Vendor

Re: Ibanez 920QM Premium

I have 3 HVV's in process right now and haven't gotten the answer back to what was going on with the other colors. First containers/batches can be small, demand from around the world higher than expected to further split up availability, production lower, many things can effect what comes in when. If they're a little short with most that's fine because I really need to make more room. I've got way too many guitars coming in and relatively little space to accomodate them right now ;/
post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

I know they have made it out to some vendors--American Music Supply had them listed as in stock this week, but I don't remember what colors. You might be seeing that they won't be in until April because that/those vendors have sold out of the first batch, and April may be the date they expect more. And when my HVV arrives from Rich, man I hope mine is one of those 3--I'll let you all know how it is. Keep an eye out on the Reviews section...

post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Vendor

Yours is in there. I have an idea I'll get what I was supposed to [all 15], but shipping is just a crawl right now. I got the bill 3 days ago, that I usually don't get until the day after I get the guitars.
post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Yours is in there. I have an idea I'll get what I was supposed to [all 15], but shipping is just a crawl right now. I got the bill 3 days ago, that I usually don't get until the day after I get the guitars.
Thanks buddy!

Hey Swirled, if you want the High Voltage Violet version, Birdland Music has them in stock--all other colors sold out.
http://www.birdlandmusic.net/item-RG...ce?src=froogle

I'll keep my shopping eye out some more, and report back with my results. Are you after a particular color? If you can wait a bit, I really suggest getting one from Rich.

post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Vendor

If I get what they said I would I have everything but HVV, they sold out fast, next batch is April. Silly me for only ordering 3 of each but this is unknown territory for me, I want to make sure the goods are what I expect before I dive in full force.

I got the first 2 JSA10's in and both were rejects, so we'll see.
post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Thanks buddy!

Hey Swirled, if you want the High Voltage Violet version, Birdland Music has them in stock--all other colors sold out.
http://www.birdlandmusic.net/item-RG...ce?src=froogle

I'll keep my shopping eye out some more, and report back with my results. Are you after a particular color? If you can wait a bit, I really suggest getting one from Rich.
That's the only color that interests me. Love the Violet and only wish they would have made it in Green.

I'd still like to snag one from Rich(great price $$$) when the time is right for me. I was just curious as to what was up as I noticed a few vendors were showing backlogs til April. Figured something went wrong and these guitars were either getting bought so quick and Ibanez and vendors ran out of them or Ibanez didn't expect them to be such a big demand.

I don't know we'll see, Rich's info was good and since he's a vendor I'm sure he knows more than most. Just curious mainly as to why everyone kept pushing the arrival dates for these back.
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 02:16 AM

Reviews: 11

do the premiums have more of a prestige neck, or are they wizard necks like the "normal" rg's?
post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 02:25 AM
Vendor

I didn't have a rule on me at the show and I didn't spend any time comparing it to anything else. I know it felt good, the dimentions point to it being the same or close to Prestige, but the exact profile will have to wait for a detailed side by side when time allows.
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 02:29 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirled777 View Post
That's the only color that interests me. Love the Violet and only wish they would have made it in Green.

I'd still like to snag one from Rich(great price $$$) when the time is right for me. I was just curious as to what was up as I noticed a few vendors were showing backlogs til April. Figured something went wrong and these guitars were either getting bought so quick and Ibanez and vendors ran out of them or Ibanez didn't expect them to be such a big demand.

I don't know we'll see, Rich's info was good and since he's a vendor I'm sure he knows more than most. Just curious mainly as to why everyone kept pushing the arrival dates for these back.
It's tough getting timely anything right now. This is a unique time in Ibanez history where you find HUSA having to integrate 400+ Chesbro dealers into the capped resources they have. 400+ credit applications, 400 that have to be divided among customer service for answers, which are probably a drain now more than they ever will be as everything is new to the Chesbro dealers also and they probably have more questions now than they ever will have. I would hope the extra drain going forward is a pimple and not a mountain, the pure volume of the territory is small in comparison, but the legwork of the initial integration has been daunting.
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 04:24 AM

Are RG920's US-only, because only the 870 is in stock here?
post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Vendor

Check Thoman, if they're available in the EU I would expect them to show a page.
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 05:25 AM

We are supposedly getting the 870's instead of the 920's in Australia. As far as I can tell the differences are the pickups and less colour options.

Rock on!
post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Check Thoman, if they're available in the EU I would expect them to show a page.
They're also stocking 870's only, at a much better price than the UK however.
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Banned

Well my bros across the pond--the 870 and the 920 don't seem to be too far apart. The main difference being the addition of the middle pup on the 870. The 920 has DiMarzio/IBZ pups and the 870 sports the new CAP pups.
They are both beauties, but the 8920 has a few more colors offered.

RG920QM HVV

[IMG]http://*****************.com/resourceservicehost/images/Ibanez/web/eg/products/test/RG920QMHVV.gif[/IMG]

RG870QMZ HVV

Tags
ibanez rg920

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Ibanez 920QM Premium

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode