Ibanez ART300BKC - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez ART300BKC

So they got one of these in at the fulcrum of musical evil, merry olde guitar center. It's $400, and I almost bought one tonight. Before I shelled out the cash, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this particular guitar.

Mahogany body, set neck. The one I played seemed to have great action, and half decent pickups. The finish was wild too.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated, I'm thinking of buying it tomorrow!

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=ART300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Vendor

Re: Ibanez ART300BKC

Chinese of course but I thought they were pretty cool with the pressed top texture like that. Past that, make sure the fretwork passes the grade.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 08:15 PM

are all the ARTs made in china?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Vendor

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 09:01 PM

I tried one of these at SamHash. The fretwork was poor. Sharp edges protruded off the edge of the fret board. The neck was also very thick. I was hoping to be impressed, but I wasn't.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Anyone know anything about the active pickups in it? Apparently they're battery powered.... My initial thought was "OH LOOKIE THEY ROUTED IT FOR EMGS FOR ME" but.... honestly I didn't know ibanez even made active pickups. Powered by AA batteries no less.

Last edited by Bahamut; 04-03-2008 at 08:30 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

So I got it. I absolutely love it so far. I'm finding the pickups to be a little flat sounding, but they seem to respond really well to tweaking via the amp. The sustain is really good, the fretwork seems pretty solid indeed.

I'll post some pictures soonish..
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: Ibanez ART300BKC

Ibanez ART300BKC

ART300BKC from ze back!

The collection, which I believe to be complete now!

So, I've been jamming on this thing for a few hours now, and I'm feeling like I robbed a bank or something. What a sweet guitar for $400. The fretwork is great, the finish is unique and awesome, and the pickups scream.

As a long-time Ibanez guy it's always just been a given to me that when you get a new guitar you have to change the pickups, but I'm thinking these new LOZs are here to stay. I'm very impressed. They distort like crazy through high gain, the first thing I had to do was roll the gain WAY back from where it usually is. They seem very responsive to the EQ on the amp, and gave a really loud clear and crisp clean tone through my xxx that I found very pleasant.

The finish really has to be seen in person to be appreciated. It doesn't seem to be a "textured" finish at all, I think it's actually a carved top on the guitar. It's a transparent finish thats not quite black over what they call a "scalloped" maple top. I've never seen anything like it before.

The neck is thicker than I'm used to from Ibanez, but I'm finding it very comfortable. The fretboard is a lighter colored rosewood, and the inlays, while obviously cheap, seem to be very well done.

The "Tone" pot doesn't seem to have much of a sweep, but other than that I can't really find a flaw in this instrument.

I love it.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 07:45 PM

Congrats! I am still interested in one, even thought the first one I saw was not up to par. I guess I just need try a bunch until I find the right one.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Vendor

ART300BKC - ART set neck, bound mahogany body, medium frets on a bound rosewood board, mahogany neck, Gibraltar III bridge, LoZ-N neck and LoZ-B bridge pickups, available in BKC [Black Caiman shown here], and BNC [Brown Caiman shown below]. The body has been pressed into a quilted pattern that is quite raised giving it a 3 dimensional texture. Very cool. $533.32 List price. Case is the AR100C at $129.99. Chinese made.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 10:59 AM

Reviews: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
So, I've been jamming on this thing for a few hours now, and I'm feeling like I robbed a bank or something. What a sweet guitar for $400. The fretwork is great, the finish is unique and awesome, and the pickups scream.

As a long-time Ibanez guy it's always just been a given to me that when you get a new guitar you have to change the pickups, but I'm thinking these new LOZs are here to stay. I'm very impressed. They distort like crazy through high gain, the first thing I had to do was roll the gain WAY back from where it usually is. They seem very responsive to the EQ on the amp, and gave a really loud clear and crisp clean tone through my xxx that I found very pleasant.

The finish really has to be seen in person to be appreciated. It doesn't seem to be a "textured" finish at all, I think it's actually a carved top on the guitar. It's a transparent finish thats not quite black over what they call a "scalloped" maple top. I've never seen anything like it before.

The neck is thicker than I'm used to from Ibanez, but I'm finding it very comfortable. The fretboard is a lighter colored rosewood, and the inlays, while obviously cheap, seem to be very well done.

The "Tone" pot doesn't seem to have much of a sweep, but other than that I can't really find a flaw in this instrument.

I love it.
I'm right there with you. I played mine out for the first time after only having it two days. I LOVED IT! The neck is fat and I thought I'd only play it part of the night but went the whole night on it and I'm very impressed. I can't believe these are going for only $400. They certainly are worth more.

The body is nice and resonant, the pickups are very articulate, the neck while being fat is very comfortable and the short scale makes the action yummy. I had absolutely no hand fatigue at the end of the night. I usually play Strats. I could get a wide variety of tones and every one of them sounded full and pleasant. Another nice thing is that it is a light weight guitar so no shoulder fatigue.

I got mine used and everything is in tip top shape. The textured top really plays nicely with lighting. Lots of colors and reflections. A superb guitar in every sense. Do I have any niggles? Nope. This guitar rocks!

Tags
bridge pickup , bridge pickups , clean tone , fret board , mahogany body , medium frets , rosewood board

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode