Ibanez Artfield AFD40 - value? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez Artfield AFD40 - value?

So I stumbled upon this Ibanez Artfield AFD40 (with IBZ/USA pickups) a couple of months ago (http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/162/1.jpg). It wasn't in its best shape, but after some sanding, oiling, new tuners and refitted original pickup, it's really nice. I have been looking for one of these for ages, and when the opportunity arrived, I couldn't resist.

The guitar looks great, plays wonderful and sound good as well, although the frets are too small for me and the neck pickup keeps getting in the way of my picking hand all the time (I am used to a two humbucker setup) and therefore, I have been thinking about trading or selling it.

As you probably know, these guitars don't show up very often and it's very hard for me to esimate its value. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 04:14 PM

Re: Ibanez Artfield AFD40 - value?

Can you please post a few pictures that show the condition? What is the serial number?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

As per request...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-k...0/IMAG1016.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-C...0/IMAG1017.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-u...0/IMAG1018.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-x...0/IMAG1020.jpg

Truss rod and electronics cover is only detached. Tremolo cover is unfortunately missing.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 04:58 AM

Looks great, congratulations, you did a superb job restoring its shine. The missing back cover is not so nice, but you could get yourself a plate of pickguard material and use a jigsaw to make a replacement.

As for the value; I suppose you could get at least EUR 750 for that beauty. They are REALLY rare.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarrero View Post
Looks great, congratulations, you did a superb job restoring its shine. The missing back cover is not so nice, but you could get yourself a plate of pickguard material and use a jigsaw to make a replacement.

As for the value; I suppose you could get at least EUR 750 for that beauty. They are REALLY rare.
Thanks for the input, although I was expecting a higher estimate. There seem to be one up for sale here for £2000, although that one is heavily modified (and unsold, probably due to its price). Maybe I'll just put it up for trade and see what offers drops in, or put it on e**y.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzelot View Post
Thanks for the input, although I was expecting a higher estimate.
That's why I wrote "at least". It's really hard to tell because Artfields only come to the surface so seldom. However, the GBP 2000 is a price idea from another universe, that's for sure.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 01:52 AM

Would you consider shipping it to the U.S.? I sold my AFD-45 a couple of years ago and have been missing it. I agree with the interference of the neck pickup on playing lead...you have to be very thoughtful when playing around it. Send me a PM if you're interested. Thanks.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 01:44 PM

Hi

Do you still have the AFD40 for sale?

I am in London.

Let me know if it is still for sale,

thanks

James
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 02:12 PM

wtf, I've never seen this guitar before!

30 frets?!

Sort of looks like a bass guitar body.

How is the upper fret access?

Your last pic doesn't work.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfistx View Post
wtf, I've never seen this guitar before!

30 frets?!

Sort of looks like a bass guitar body.

How is the upper fret access?

Your last pic doesn't work.
The upper fret access is very good. This one was one of the first models to come with the "all access" neck joint. The guitar is now in the classifieds forum, with more info.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f28/ft...-z-122082.html

Tags
afd40 , artfield

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode