Ibanez Benson GB30 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez Benson GB30

First of all, is it Chinese made?

Ibanez George Benson GB30...how much is the street price and how good is it?

All I see is 899 Euros ($1200) but I don't know if that's street price or list price. I think from the YouTube video and George Benson himself, it's from China but I am not altogether sure if it's China or Indonesia. That being said my Ibanez Artcore AS73 is my backup guitar and it's from China and is an all around excellent instrument and well worth the $369 dollars I paid for it in 2006.

Does anybody have one of these Ibanez GB30s?

Last edited by 63Blazer; 08-09-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 11:43 AM

Re: Ibanez Benson GB30

I was thinking the same thing about the Andy Timmons Premium.

I've never even seen a GB in any stores over here sadly :/ Japan sucks for alot of ibanez stuff, even though hoshino is here :/
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
I was thinking the same thing about the Andy Timmons Premium.

I've never even seen a GB in any stores over here sadly :/ Japan sucks for alot of ibanez stuff, even though hoshino is here :/
That is just too weird. I know Gibson and Fender are hugely popular in Japan even though imho Ibanez and ESP have it all over those two American companies in quality and in most cases, price point. That being said, J-Customs and custom order ESPs are just too much but mostly, the rest of the lines of those companies are tops in the industry and provide excellent value for money.

Isn't Andy Timmons Premium like the Steve Vai Premium and made in Indonesia? The line between Indonesian Premium and top level Chinese made Ibanezes is starting to blur.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
That is just too weird. I know Gibson and Fender are hugely popular in Japan even though imho Ibanez and ESP have it all over those two American companies in quality and in most cases, price point. That being said, J-Customs and custom order ESPs are just too much but mostly, the rest of the lines of those companies are tops in the industry and provide excellent value for money.

Isn't Andy Timmons Premium like the Steve Vai Premium and made in Indonesia? The line between Indonesian Premium and top level Chinese made Ibanezes is starting to blur.
Ibanez is pretty small over here. In terms of whats easier to find, ESP is far easier to find and is played by more Japanese musicians than both Fujigen and Ibanez are (although Fujigen does have Kelly Simonz' support). That's not to say stores dont have Ibanez in them, but the selection is pretty thin. Here in Nagoya (home of hoshino), I have yet to see an EGEN or JS series guitar. I've seen JEMs but nothing else. Now, I went to Tokyo a couple weekends ago, found EGEN, JS (even a used Silver surfer JS O_o) and just about any Ibanez you could dream of (even a black floral JEM, that thing was AMAZING).

IMO, my RG2550 Galaxy white blows away the M-II or Horizon series at a price point that is far cheaper than most ESP stuff (their MIK LTD line provides comparable prices with tremendous quality). The problem is, most Japanese musicians want to have their own signature model and ESP will let any player become a signature artist, whereas Ibanez is extra stingy about that sort of thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode