Ibanez cases - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez cases

The current ibanez european cataogue has a case called a W50RG. Does anyone know anything about it? Im wondering how good/nice they are. How does it compare to a Uv1000? Are these UV1000s not for sale anymore, or why are they not in the catalogue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 11:09 PM

Re: Ibanez cases

UV1000C still available in North America and is still made in Canada by TKL cases. The W50RG I believe is essentially the same case without the combo lock, just made by some other company for the European and Japanese markets.

(I just checked my Japanese 2005 Ibanez Catalog and it's also got the W50RG instead of the UV1000C)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

So the wrg50 is a fairly good case then? I just got new my J-custom off Ishi, and its 'original hardcase' turned out to be a fairly flimsy standard prestige hardcase, nowhere near as nice or sturdy as the Team J Craft branded case that came with my 8270, i guess the original owner held onto the j-custom case. Its not really befitting such a nice guitar, so I thought id get something better.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:36 AM

I don't think the original owner kept the original case because I thought you bought the RG8520, those didn't come with the Team J-Craft cases as those are for the 2005 models. The 2004 J-Customs came in the M100C (molded plastic cases). Personally I would rather have the deluxe Ibanez gig bag than the model plastic case.

Since you got your guitar, where are the pics?? *wink* My JCRG-2 should be here soon as well. (Congrats on the new guitar bro)
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 01:18 PM

Congrats on your new guitar, Voodoo Child.

I have 4 UV1000 cases, one is pink-lined, the rest burgundy. I love them. I've been using one of them for 7 years and they are tough and durable cases. I like the looks of them too.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Vendor

JC's actually came in the M200 case which I prefer over the M100, but I do love those home market gig bags!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce
I don't think the original owner kept the original case because I thought you bought the RG8520, those didn't come with the Team J-Craft cases as those are for the 2005 models. The 2004 J-Customs came in the M100C (molded plastic cases). Personally I would rather have the deluxe Ibanez gig bag than the model plastic case.

Since you got your guitar, where are the pics?? *wink* My JCRG-2 should be here soon as well. (Congrats on the new guitar bro)
Ah, ok, thanks for clearing that up. I dont like the M200 anyway, it doesnt have the quality, solid feel of the Team J-Craft case, so i think ill pick up that WRG50 case, and see if its as nice as the UV1000.

I just took a quick pic of the 8520 last night and it came out really out of focus. When I have better light here, ill take some good ones, closeups etc. Anyway, i love the colour, any pics I had seen of the TT finish didnt do it justice.

Last edited by voodoo_child; 09-30-2005 at 06:12 AM. Reason: fixed link
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
JC's actually came in the M200 case which I prefer over the M100, but I do love those home market gig bags!!

My bad.. Either way, M100 or M200 still isn't as nice as a UV1000 or the Japanese issue gig bags. I should go and order a couple more for myself of those gig bags.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_child
Ah, ok, thanks for clearing that up. I dont like the M200 anyway, it doesnt have the quality, solid feel of the Team J-Craft case, so i think ill pick up that WRG50 case, and see if its as nice as the UV1000.

I just took a quick pic of the 8520 last night and it came out really out of focus. When I have better light here, ill take some good ones, closeups etc. Anyway, i love the colour, any pics I had seen of the TT finish didnt do it justice.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...0/Dscn0117.jpg
Link isn't working .

Regards

André

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Should be now. Anyway, crappy pic, i want to take some good ones for the Ibanez Register, so il post them here to maybe..
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

I finally got round to taking some (in focus..ish ) pics, theyre on the 'show us your JCs thread.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 12:35 AM

That's a nice axe there. The shots on the Ishibashi site didn't do it justice.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Budd. TBH, my shots dont do it justice either, I coudnt seem to take a photo which accurately showed the finish. Its darker than any of my pics (or any pics Ive seen of the TT finish), and has a 'quality' which none of the pics capture. Anyway, its a great player, and every JC I buy just makes me want to buy another one...I KNOW you have the same problem...
Be sure to post up pics of the JC you have on the way...
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 03:34 PM

I'm interested to see how exactly does the Trans Turquise look like. 'cause if it's darker than the shots then it's probably pretty nice. I was actually thinking about getting that exact one you got but I turned it down because of the color and went with the JCRG-2 instead.

You are quite right on the fact that I'm addicted to buying JC's. Especially since I got my first J-Custom (the RG1302) back in March (2005) and I've been adding one new one every couple of months. Question is.. which one do I buy next?

I'll be sure to post pics of that JCRG-2/9570 when I get it. I dunno about you, but my better half *cough*the wife*cough* is starting to get suspicious of all these guitars she didn't see before.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_child

SWEET .

Regards

André

Tags
ibanez catalog

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode