Ibanez Darkstone DK500 sound clips - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez Darkstone DK500 sound clips

Heyhey. I just reviewed the Darkstone DK500 on my site and I've included some clips so everyone can hear just how great this guitar sounds. Ibanez is really on a winner with these pickups and I hope more people check them out. You can read the review here: http://iheartguitarblog.com/2011/02/darkstone.html but if you don't wanna read that, you can go straight to the audio clip here:

http://soundcloud.com/i-heart-guitar/darkstone-sounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 03:32 PM

Re: Ibanez Darkstone DK500 sound clips

oh no... GAS
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

I think is funny how some people say how a guitar sounds.
If that sound is so expecific to that guitar,when people listen to it they should recognize that guitar but
nobody in the world could tell which guitar you were using if you have not said.
In fact what we hear here is strings + pickup + modeller(at least sounds like a modeller to me) with a very thin sound.
So if you want the same sound put that pup in any guitar and buy that modeller.
The only way to listen how a guitar sounds is unplugged.
Unplugged you'll listen to strings vibrations reflected on its wood directly to your ears
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 04:03 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
I think is funny how some people say how a guitar sounds.
If that sound is so expecific to that guitar,when people listen to it they should recognize that guitar but
nobody in the world could tell which guitar you were using if you have not said.
In fact what we hear here is strings + pickup + modeller(at least sounds like a modeller to me) with a very thin sound.
So if you want the same sound put that pup in any guitar and buy that modeller.
The only way to listen how a guitar sounds is unplugged.
Unplugged you'll listen to strings vibrations reflected on its wood directly to your ears
I think its time you finally accept that while you may not be able to hear the differences in wood and pickups others can. You keep trying to ram your opinion down peoples throats as though it were fact. It is not.

Petie is actually a journalist who writes for a number of Australian music and guitar publications, he knows what he is talking about, and what he hears.

Many can hear differences in guitars, pickups etc. You cannot. Its not the end of the world that you cannot, but please stop trying to tell people your opinion is fact.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 06:38 PM

Nice review. After listening to the samples - can this guitar handle a clean channel?

LonePhantom - I'm sure you can find other experts (ie. guitarists with good ears) who will say the exact opposite. What if 6fingers is the one able to tell the difference, and the rest is not? **** is not good, even if millions of flies tells you it is.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 08:06 PM

Reviews: 120

I in no way said that my opinion is fact. I merely stated that some can hear differences, others cannot. What i have a problem with is the way that he states it, as though it is fact, when it is not.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Nice review. After listening to the samples - can this guitar handle a clean channel?
Yeah, and it sounds great clean - I guess I should upload some clean samples too. I have them somewhere. A slight Gretschy vibe.

As for people who can hear the difference in guitar A vs guitar B and that sort of stuff, if you've spent any time talking with a guy like Andy Brauer or Steve Vai or Steve Blucher or Roger Mayer you would know that there are indeed some who can, and they're usually very easy to spot: they're the ones who tend to actually work in the industry in a position of influence because their skills are so valued. My partner is a very talented graphic designer and she can see a colour and match it instantly - INSTANTLY - to the corresponding Pantone shade in her head. Some people got it, some people don't, but it's very real for those who do.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 09:47 PM

Yeah just ask Eric Johnson.

Tags
darkstone , dk500

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode