Ibanez Epiphany - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez Epiphany

I recently hung out with a buddy and we both played my two ibanezs (USRG10, RG570) and i just wanted to say thanks to jemsite for getting me in to some of the finest instruments i have ever played.

For instance, my RG570 was purchased for 320$ plus shipping and it plays like a 1000$ american made guitar. Its tonal versatility and sleek looks only compliment it's unsurpassable playability.

As for my USRG10 i really don't know why people spend 3500$ on a gibson when you can get this little beaut for under 1000$. It sounds incredible and the figured maple is a sight for the ages. The 5-way switch is brilliant and the tension free neck brought new definition to the meaning "playability".

Well as far as a question goes. What was it like when you got your first Ibanez. What model was it? What was your favorite part about it? What did you pay for it? Were you impressed/dissapointed?

Have fun with this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 01:01 AM

When I first got my Ibanez which was not so long ago, (last week). It was a dream come true.

Been playing diffrent kinds of brands from Strat copies, Lespaul copies and Washburns. My RG2550EX beats them all.

I was planning on getting a RG1550, well....heres the whole story:

http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=33489
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM

Just out of curiosity: What's so great about American made guitars? Why do some people consider America to be the country that makes the best guitars?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 04:15 PM

My theory is becuase America used to make good products. Whether they were the best in the world is debatable, but the quality was good. People just haven't accepted that in some areas it has declined, I guess.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Just out of curiosity: What's so great about American made guitars? Why do some people consider America to be the country that makes the best guitars?
Probably because 90% of the guitar buying public (aka - the uninformed masses), consider USA Fenders, Gibsons and PRS to be the industry standards and the pinnacle of guitar quality.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 05:41 PM

But that still has nothing to do with what country it's in. Why don't they say "Gibson, Fender USA, and PRS"? Because they want to say "American made".

Heck, some of the nicest guitars I've seen lately have been Canadian (and no, I'm not biased )
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

When i said american i was referring to the fenders and gibsons i own. The feel of my 570 neck blows them out of the water.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
But that still has nothing to do with what country it's in. Why don't they say "Gibson, Fender USA, and PRS"? Because they want to say "American made".

Heck, some of the nicest guitars I've seen lately have been Canadian (and no, I'm not biased )
American manufacturing in the forties and fifties was absolutely the top of the line at one point. Driven by world war 2 and the success thereafter, we were producing goods at such an extremely high quality level. Those are the names we have left over from the that era, and even though quality may have slipped in some parts those brands still define what an electric guitar is today.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 05:26 PM

Well, that and the fact that they invented the thing. There's arguments about who was first, but I've never heard a Japanese name in those discussions.

But they've all gotten better at manufacturing since then; old strats aren't rocket science after all. A $550 Carvin Bolt is a better guitar in any way *I* care about (except for investment value, if you go that way).
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 03:49 PM

my first was a S 470FMVB....and a G.A.S. Monster was born!!!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 03:11 AM

The first Ibanez I bought is an RG750FA. Still have it.. the first time I played it, it had a badly damaged neck... the headstock wa held on only by part of the fretboard. Stayed in tune anyway with 2 year old strings. I loved it and bought it on the spot and spent the next 2 weeks repairing the neck. Very sweet guitar.

As for the US/Foreign debate, US made means nothing to me as I'm not exactly Pro-American. I currently have guitars from Japan (Two Ibanez 750's, Charvel 750XL, Jackson PS-2, Kramer Classic III and an early Squire Strat) and Mexico (Fender Standard Telecaster) My bass is From China (Jay Turser Stingray Copy) but it's just for those times when I need a bass for something.

Any American Guitar I have owned has been sub-standard compared to any of the ones I have now. I'll put my Tele up against ANYTHING as far as playability is concerned...

Just my $0.02
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 10:06 AM
RCB

My first ibanez was a 1992 RBM1 Voyager that I still own. I paid about U$S1315 (guitars are much more expensive in argentina). It has been with me for more than 12 years. At the end of this year it going to have a major upgrade.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 11:17 AM

My first Ibanez was a 1991 RG570, I paid $250 in a pawnshop (I bought it in 1992), came with a hardshell Ibanez case. I didn't know what the heck I was buying, just that it looked cool and seemed to play well. It was my 2nd guitar, (first was a pretty cool little customized Fender Squier strat with a warmoth neck, locking tuners, custom pups, but I digress.) I'd only been playing for a couple years.

The bridge was a mystery, and big pain in the ass to me at first, I had it for a few weeks before I broke the first string. Then I had to go down to Sears to buy an allen wrench. I knew it played and sounded great, but it was years before I realized that I'd actually gotten a pretty great little guitar and one of the better Ibanez models made. Only later, after buying a few more various Ibanez's did I become familiar enough with the Ibanez line to realize the 570 was something special.

Tags
allen wrench , carvin bolt , electric guitar , ibanez models , locking tuners , squier strat , squire strat , warmoth neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode