Ibanez Ergodyne EDR-470 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez Ergodyne EDR-470

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a bit more info about this guitar I've had for.. probably about 8 years now.

It's in the same vein as the common Ergodyne basses with it's Luthite body, but I can't seem to get much more information about it.

I'm mainly trying to find out what trem it has, and what I could probably replace it with. I'm going to fix the guitar up and make it useable again, so need to know all I can. It has no neckplate, so I guess it has a regular AANJ?

Here's a few pictures

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 01:58 PM

Re: Ibanez Ergodyne EDR-470

Wow, I've never heard of this model. I thought Ergodyne was only for the couple of bass series they used that name for. My Ergogyne bass is luthite as well so maybe anything luthite falls under the Ergodyne name. Obviously, looks similar to the S series as well. You have a fine machine there, my friend.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 06:34 PM

appears to be an 04 EDR470 with the EdgePro II.
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/..._id=264&now=11

They were available circa 1997 as well, usually hidden in with the basses in the catalogue
loTRS back then:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/..._id=223&now=16
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 07:25 PM

Reviews: 2

Holy crap that trem looks strange. The whole guitar looks strange to me, but the trem looks like a bunch of polygons
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 03:02 AM

It has an Edge Pro II. Direct swap for an Edge Pro. Looks damn sexy with powder cosmo hardware!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Fantastic, thanks for the help, eviltwin!

If the trem is broken and unusable (which I seem to remember it is, for some reason) would an Edge Pro I be a good replacement, or should I hunt down an Edpe Pro II? And is it an AANJ neck? I remember I had to put a shim under the nut last time, so I don't think it's in too good condition...

I'd love to hang this up next to my K7
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 10:27 PM

Definitely get an Edge Pro for the trem. They EPII is the cheaper version of the Edge Pro. I'm guessing it has the AANJ but I dont know for sure.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 12:41 AM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Muffin View Post
Holy crap that trem looks strange. The whole guitar looks strange to me, but the trem looks like a bunch of polygons
?????
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 02:57 AM

Reviews: 1

yep it has a edge pro 2 and of course its a rare model for ibanez... it didnt get to much attention in the US but for the rest of world so-so...
here in my country it came the Gio version... but with edge 3 and some unusual colors... red, blue and silver burst... i was going to buy one... but the 22 frets did stop me... the main feature is the slick body... nor a Saber or Radius... but its more like a blend... its just MHO
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 11:28 AM

Sorry chaps but i am new to this forum and am having problems navigating it. All i want to do is find out what replacement locking tremelo unit i can fit into this guitar. The knife edges and posts are a bit worn can i get new ones, or do i have to replace the whole unit with say a floyd rose. cant seem to get it to keep in tune after whammy bar action, thanks rob.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 03:46 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by robskel View Post
Sorry chaps but i am new to this forum and am having problems navigating it. All i want to do is find out what replacement locking tremelo unit i can fit into this guitar. The knife edges and posts are a bit worn can i get new ones, or do i have to replace the whole unit with say a floyd rose. cant seem to get it to keep in tune after whammy bar action, thanks rob.
Did you read this thread properly? A replacement was mentioned a few times...
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 02:21 PM

Okay,. Thanks. My sons guitar is the same model and it has the low trs trem 2. the one in the picture looks slightly different because my sons has a knurled nut to lock the tremelo bar. if i need to replace the whole assembly to a low pro, where can i buy one from. even if i could buy the knife posts that would be a start. I have heard that a floyd rose would fit as a straight swap.(i do not need to be routing out the body) Some of the later models seem to have intonation adjustment screws that would foul the body when pulling back the whammy bar
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 03:31 PM

Reviews: 120

Ok well you didn't mention that it came with a differed trem to what the OP had.

A LO-TRS II can be replaced with a FLoyd Rose, Gotoh licenced Floyd Rose, etc. I'd be getting a Gotoh, as it is cheaper and better.

Trem replacement info is all over this site. Do a SEARCH on the site, and you will find a whole wealth of info on replacing the LO-TRS II.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 10:31 AM

Hello everyone
I have a number guitar ibanez edr470ex Can I pick up the guitar with these
Neck: dimarzio evolation
Bridge: dimarzio X2n
I replaced?
Please help me ..
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahman1234 View Post
Hello everyone
I have a number guitar ibanez edr470ex Can I pick up the guitar with these
Neck: dimarzio evolation
Bridge: dimarzio X2n
I replaced?
Please help me ..
I think you're asking if these DiMarzios will sound good in your guitar? Generally speaking, they are great pickups and should give you a good variety of rock and metal tones.

Peace

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode