Ibanez EX Series - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez EX Series

Hi......anyone got any info on ex series?

production years etc?

any photos would be handy also

thanks you bunch of silly sausages
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 08:53 AM

Re: Ibanez EX Series

Mine is an ex170 serial is C 305171. Its made im Korea poor bugers been used that much its not funny sounds amazing with metal though
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 11:06 AM

Reviews: 10

Hi, I made a EX370 thread about a month or two ago, I think it's on about page 3 in this section. But to re-cap I have an EX370 which I bought brand new in March 1993, I paid £300 for it. It's Korean made, has two infiniti humbuckers and a single in the middle. Lo Pro trem, not very good for flutter effects but does the job for regular whammy use.

Neck is ultra thin and has a fast action, plays pretty good and feels good. I still play mine. Look wise it's pretty much exactly the same as the RG370.

EX also had the EX360 which was the same except pick up arrnagement was a humbucker and two singles. Hope that helps.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 12:49 PM

Reviews: 10

I mean Lo Trs trem:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60440
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 10:13 PM

http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1989/index.htm Info can be found at this site.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 10:39 PM

That EX360 next to Blues Saraceno is the exact one I had. My first real guitar, and as I mentioned inthe other thread, the worst guitar I ever owned and the one that I got screwed worst on pricewise.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 03:59 PM

i bought a 92 ibanez ex from a guy for $10. it was missing hardware...knobs,locking nuts,wiring torn out. i went to a guitar shop that is an authorized ibanez dealer. they sodered the wiring. replaced a switch, the locking nuts, knobs, whammy bar. they put light strings on it...so i'm getting used to the lighter strings.
long story short. i dig this ibanez. this ax sounds good. it doesnt go out of tune. it can take alot of abuse. it a nice guitar for the money. as electrics go...it has light strings, a low action, and is very playable...i'd compare it to a telecaster. i can't complane for the $10 i payed...and another $90 to get it fixed up.
when i looked at the ibanez website...my ex looks very symilar to the newer RG's
i just don't have the money to go out and buy a US standard strat. i plays what i haves.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 06:15 PM

I picked up a black EX last month for $20.00. I put $15.00 into it since parts like the plug jack, knobs & strings were missing. The black paint was scratched up and looking very poor. I did a light wetsand and 3 step polish on it and its amazing how it looks now.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 AM

Reviews: 19

I have had my EX 350 for twenty odd years. Now I have a new LTD I am going to change out the TRS 101 and possibly re do all of the pots etc. I have an EVO in the bridge and a PAFPro in the neck. The neck is thicker than a wizard but thinner than the likes of LPs. They are good for what they are.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 12:59 PM

Reviews: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave67 View Post
Man, Larry looks crazy on the page with that Maxxas and the zebra coat! I think the cowboy look is better for him these days.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:03 PM

I actually have an EX Series (not a numbered EX, it just says "EX Series" on it) that I modified and it turned out really good actually. I had the stock pickups replaced with EMGs, stock tuners replaced with sperzel locking tuners, and replaced the floating bridge with a fixed (I realize I could have just blocked it, but I wanted a black bridge and the stock one was chrome). I'm guessing mine was one of the earliest models since it isn't numbered, but it sounds awesome and has a wide range of tone. It's also pretty playable IMHO.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 06:05 AM

hi i also have an ibanez ex 170 and i wanna know how much does it worth and if epiphone les paul is a better guitar?

Tags
blues saraceno

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode