Ibanez experts I dare you :-) what RG is this? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez experts I dare you :-) what RG is this?

Hello to all of you my friends, yesterday I found this video on youtube http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sa4YlbR...le&guid=&gl=US but Im note quite sure what model is this becuse there are a few missmatches that confuses me ,especilly tuners never seen them on Jap made ibanez, back of the headstok isnt lglossy like the rest of the neck,cavity of the lo pro edge where the fine tuners are is a little bit longer than it should be... There is no doubt of legit but there is a big dilema about model. So I decidet to ask for your help to solve this mistery, because there are no better detectives for this kind of case than you guys :-).
Thanks a lot, appreciate it. Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 01:14 AM

Re: Ibanez experts I dare you :-) what RG is this?

it looks kinda like a pieced together ibanez project. The trick is figuring out which models have that style input jack cavity/cavity cover.

the easiest way to tell is to take the neck off. the neck should have a model stamp and the body should have a body stamp.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arledge View Post
it looks kinda like a pieced together ibanez project. The trick is figuring out which models have that style input jack cavity/cavity cover.

the easiest way to tell is to take the neck off. the neck should have a model stamp and the body should have a body stamp.
Im sure almost 100% that the body is from rg550 because only rg550 has that kind of input jack cover, all other models have square jack coovers with oval corners,(Rg570,770,Jem...) The neck is greatest mistery in here, at least for me :-) thaks a lot men.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 04:38 AM

'94 RG550LTD had the AANJ, Lo-Pro Edge and rosewood fretboard with sharktooth inlays.
Assuming pickguard and hardware changed to different colour.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
'94 RG550LTD had the AANJ, Lo-Pro Edge and rosewood fretboard with sharktooth inlays.
Assuming pickguard and hardware changed to different colour.
ok. thanks, but let mi hear your opinion about machineheads-tuners. they dont have small screws like ordinary gotoh tuners have, they have pins instad. I havent seen yet those kind of tuners on japanese made ibanez guitars. and what about extend rout of edge trem cavity where the fine tuners are. it looks like it is route for original edge becuse it hase longer bolts. what do you think about that as well?

Last edited by elcid; 10-25-2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: let's not use "jap" ok?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 11:40 AM

If the bridge is original, then it can't be the 350. No 350 every came with a Lo-Pro Edge. As far as I know, the route is the same for Edge and Lo-Pro Edge. About the pins, no clue.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 07:02 PM

It has the same neck as my rg550 ltdnpm which you can see in a thread below this one.
mine is a 98 model made in japan. I have never found a better guitar ever and I attribute that to the neck.

edit; the neck is different as mine has an inch ish wide bubinca wood strip up the neck visible from the back

Last edited by m t soule; 09-14-2013 at 07:10 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 02:35 PM

yeah mid 90s 550ltd for sure. Seen them with the same gotohs and no stripe. Pickguards been changed prob, and obviously pickups (I guess the store was out of Dimarzios that day)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 06:31 PM

550ltd, with gold hardware.switch added, pickguard change, pickup change.
or a parto-rg.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 07:42 PM

Deleted. Not cool man

Last edited by elcid; 10-25-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Tags
eperts , ibanez , model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode