Ibanez FR6 ucs - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez FR6 ucs

Thinking of getting this. Anyone one or played one. What are some opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 08:13 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Ibanez FR6 ucs

Cool axe first & foremost the looks are unique and more appealing than the RG to me personally. You don't look like an 80s holdover playing it, if that matters. Excellent fit & finish (Prestige), great looks, tight end bridge & tuners are very good, if you like any Ibanez Prestige shredder you'll like this one. The one I played was used minus the stock pickups. I'm not a fan of JEM/RG necks or i'd probably have purchased one as they appear used quite often. I'd prefer inlays and more pickup switching myself but for what this is it's a cool & unique body shape IMHO. Pickups and Stainless seem to be a selling point to some
Electric Guitar FR - FR6UCS Prestige | Ibanez guitars
If you want a new one i'd say to buy one sooner than later as the body shape seems to scare ibanez. Rich's site says "available January" maybe Jan 2017. See if they're selling them in 2018 in USA.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 01:26 AM
Vendor

That's still up from late year, came in sold, never reordered, never thought about updating the page. I'm sure I have several pages like that.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 11:19 AM

Played one in my local music store, the neck is a 1mm thicker than the super wizard type neck you find on RGs, but you can feel a difference.

Still very comfortable and plays really well, have mahogany body instead of basswood.

I wonder if the tight end bridge have enough space for adjusting intonation for lower tuning tho.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 05:53 PM

I have a 2016 RG Uppercut. It has the same Wizard HP neck and Aftermath pickups. Main difference beside shape is basswood body and Lo Pro trem. Very Nice. I don't have a Super Wizard HP neck to compare it to, but I do have an older Wizard and prefer the Wizard HP to it. The Aftermath's have a chunky, but precise tone with a bit of bias towards the low end. They will sell you on Bare Knuckle being better pickups for sure as they are extremely clear pickups. I've thought about getting an FR to have a fixed bridge version of my RG, but can't afford too many guitars and would like a little more variety in color.

Would love to see one of these with an S-Tech Roasted maple Wizard HP neck and the Flat Pearl White.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 03:33 PM

Have to correct my last post. Mine has the Super Wizard neck. I got some misleading info from the Ibanez wikia. They also didn't make the RG6UCS until 2017, so apparently I'm not a reliable source for anything. I would love to try one of the FR's out, so please let us know what you think if you get it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode