Ibanez GA35TCE Nylon string - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez GA35TCE Nylon string

Anyone had some first hand experience with one of these?

I'm mainly interested as the body seems to be very similar to my EP10 Euphoria (made in China) and I really like that guitar as you tend to think you are playing an electric unless your try large bends with the heavier string gauge.

I should note I also have an EP7 (made in Korea) that I keep around for different tuning but that seems to be poorer quality with sharp fret edges.

The EP10 doesn't suffer from the same problems as the fret work seems good but obviously this classical guitar is a lot cheaper so I'm not sure what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 04:47 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Ibanez GA35TCE Nylon string

I've had one for about five or six years now. It doesn't get played a great deal these days as I bought it for teaching, and I no longer teach.

For the money it's a well put together guitar. I prefer the sound of classical guitars over steel string, but the necks are too uncomfortable for me due to my carpal tunnel syndrome. The longer scale length and the relatively slim neck make it a lot of fun to play. The fret work on mine was pretty reasonable, no sharp ends or anything. Sounds pretty nice too. I say go and try one, and see if you like it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks that does sound quite promising - will have to see if there is anywhere within reasonable travelling distance prepared to stock one, they never seem to stock any of the guitars I'm interested in.....
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Many Thanks for recommending I go ahead - I got one of these yesterday and I'm shocked just how good it is for the price - it even sounds just fine plugged in which I didn't expect with the Ibanez own brand electronics.

Really love the thin body and comfortable neck as it makes those tricky stretches actually possible now.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 05:34 PM

Reviews: 120

Glad it worked out for you.

Tags
acoustic , classical , nylon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode