Ibanez Genesis collection - the best thing ever - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 06:34 PM

Re: Ibanez Genesis collection - the best thing ever

Site has a lot of weird rules.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
He was banned for sending people PMs trying to get them to buy guitars. That's against forum rules.
Ah okay, thanks.
post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Just FYI, he was banned so he cant see your replies or anything. Dunno what he did to get banned but whatever.
Noted.
post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 02:03 PM

what a shame they aren't available in the states! I'd order me a JB one pretty quick!
post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 11:23 PM

Jason is an old friend of mine and a great guy,he also is a huge Ibanez fan and like most of us loves the good stuff.
He was just trying to help out other fans in getting the good stuff,but yes it is against the rules. He was warned a number of times and eventually the mods did follow through,they had to.
It was never about sales and only about Ibanez,nothing shady or bad.....like the rest of us he is excited by Ibanez and the elusive Japanese exclusives.
I hope he is able to return eventually because he is a 'top bloke' as we aussies say.
post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
Jason is an old friend of mine and a great guy,he also is a huge Ibanez fan and like most of us loves the good stuff.
He was just trying to help out other fans in getting the good stuff,but yes it is against the rules. He was warned a number of times and eventually the mods did follow through,they had to.
It was never about sales and only about Ibanez,nothing shady or bad.....like the rest of us he is excited by Ibanez and the elusive Japanese exclusives.
I hope he is able to return eventually because he is a 'top bloke' as we aussies say.
I can agree with everything, but, it was always ONLY about sales. It only took 2 PM's to know exactly what his intentions were, and they weren't just talking about guitars. He made it perfectly clear, he was here to work the board and nothing else. And work the board is what he was doing. A "favor" to anybody that wanted to pay full retail to buy one of their guitars, on the provision they keep it quiet because he knew he wasn't allowed to export them, or to sell them on the board..
post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 11:50 PM

Ok,no problem.....i can see you have dug a little deeper and i trust your judgment on the matter.
We have known each other since we were 17 thats all and are really nerdy Ibanez fans,i was just disappointed he got himself banned.....but he was warned repeatedly.

A good guy though at the end of the day,just made some mistakes.
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 12:19 AM
Vendor

It's not like he cared about signing up and taking guitars when you did. He cared to sign up when he wanted to sell guitars as internet sales representative for Ishibashi.

There have always been a lot of members here that work for GC's, local stores, executives for AMS!!, the gammit in the instrument retail industry, and they have a genuine interest in just discussing the guitars, never trying to make sales. Every now and then a "dealer" signs up for just one reason, and they either have to become a "vendor" or they have to stop. They're only here for one reason so when they don't become vendors they leave, or they just break the rules and are thrown out.
post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 01:00 AM

Hi guys, I'm interested in getting myself a Genesis collection RG 550. But I couldn't find any information on whether if this is a limited run or not?

Can someone here in this forum confirm that the Genesis collection of RG's are limited run?

Thanks a lot.
post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomant View Post
Hi guys, I'm interested in getting myself a Genesis collection RG 550. But I couldn't find any information on whether if this is a limited run or not?

Can someone here in this forum confirm that the Genesis collection of RG's are limited run?

Thanks a lot.
They were limited to like 500 of each in 2013. The new Genesis collection models are the ARs. Finding the 550 GCs at this point is futile. Very few left over, and the ones that are, the stores don't sell overseas. Pretty much out of luck at this point.
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
They were limited to like 500 of each in 2013. The new Genesis collection models are the ARs. Finding the 550 GCs at this point is futile. Very few left over, and the ones that are, the stores don't sell overseas. Pretty much out of luck at this point.
Hi Matthias how would I know if they're ARs or GCs? Does GCs stand for Genesis collection?
post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Hi Matthias how would I know if they're ARs or GCs? Does GCs stand for Genesis collection?
GC= genesis collection.

This year's genesis collection is a re-release of the AR series that was popular post-lawsuit era.
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 09:37 AM

Ok I just called my dealer to check on whether if they're carrying either of the AR or GC but they have no clue as to what I am talking about. And after some probing and googling I have come to the conclusion that they're carrying the RG550 RF and it's made in Japan. Can anyone tell me if there RG's are worth getting? They looked exactly like the GC's with V pickups and maple neck in road flare red.

Are these RG's worth getting?
post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 09:43 AM

I'm sure this is the one my dealer is carrying. It can be found on the Ibanez.co.jp website.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 9.48.26 pm.jpg (13.4 KB, 2 views)
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 11:34 AM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
I'm sure this is the one my dealer is carrying. It can be found on the Ibanez.co.jp website.
My favorite guitar of any Ibanez I've played.
Buy it if the opportunity presents itself.
I loved the V2 bridge. The V1 was okay. I was dumb and changed them out and when I put them back in they didn't sound like the same. Mine is currently loaded with an Evo set. Sounds and plays amazing!

Tags
ibanez genesis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode