Ibanez Ghostrider (Wow) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Ibanez Ghostrider (Wow)

Ok I've been wanting one for a while and I finally found one in ok condition.

Mini Review.

Now it's basically a Les Paul construction wise but ...... one to shred on but looks old time rock and roll so should lull people into a false sence of security before you let rip

To me it's kinda like a cross between a JS and a PG guitar image wise. (Just need to stick a set of F-holes on it lol)

A lot of people won't like the symetrical body shape or the fact that it only has 22 frets but if your looking for a cheaper fixed bridge to compliment your RG's and fancy something a wee bit different but want to stay loyal to Ibanez, give one a blast. In the States they crop up every now and then. I prefered the block inlay humbucker one but the P90 dot inlay one should be cool too (cheaper too)

I love the headstock if only Ibanez had done the PGM900 with this.
The block inlays are great these are becoming my faves. (I like abalone sue me! )

Body and neck are Mohog and the body has a maple cap so I can't wait till I stick a set of Tone Zones in, should make it sound as good as a mohog TZ equiped guitar I already have.

The existing pups are muddy when you turn down the volume but TZ's will fix that.

All in all a great guitar. I read a review of them a while ago which slated them but I had already tried one and wondered WTF they were talking about. The only problem is that it's not that versitile sound wise but nothing a coil tap won't fix and we all know how easy they are to install.

If you want a JS6000, JS700 but can't afford/find one try one of these.

P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 06:24 AM

Where are the pictures?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 09:59 AM

Killer guitars! I've fallen in love with my GR520. Blows away the Les Paul I've been playing. But, the bodies aren't mahogany- they're alder

Great tone and versatility! I put a Tone Zone(b) & Air Norton(n) in mine with a coil-tap on the tone knob. It can do anything!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 10:19 AM

Intersting to hear about these...I've often wondered. With teh alder, are the kinda bright or midrangy?
Greg
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 11:32 AM

Actually, the alder sounds much better than I'd anticipated. I too was worried that it'd be far too bright. But, I was pleasantly suprised by the even tone of the alder/maple combo. The pickup choice definitely affects the tone though. I went through several different pickups, and to my surprise, the Tone Zone and Air Norton really worked well!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 05:37 PM

I've actually been pleased with alder Ibanezes too...Blazer RI, USRG30, and just picked up a Talman. Seems to be a bit less bassy than mahogany, but the upper mids are smooth and sweet...a tad more "airy" sounding.
Greg
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 06:04 PM

not another ibanez guitar eh Paul?

Where are the pictures dude!!!

Tags
air norton , block inlays , body shape , coil tap , dot inlay , fixed bridge , killer guitar , les paul , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode