Ibanez Gios - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez Gios

Hey there
I was at the music store today and saw a beautiful purple RG Starring back at me( from some distance) unpon further investigation I discovered *choke* it was an Ibanez GIO. I grabbed it and played it anyways and it played pretty good ( considering it wasnt setup right and it had 9's on it) and Im considering buying it. I know It dosnt have a floyd, but this makes me happy because I can actually set it up myself.
Opinions? Pics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 10:01 AM

they are cheap korean ibanez models..but their qualty degrees are low as i can see!but not too bad at the same time if you can find them cheap..they were 200 dolars in Turkey 2 years ago...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 10:41 AM

If you don't mind ripping out and replacing all the electronics and pickups , you may get a neat backup guitar. I once played a GSA, and I really liked the neck.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 12:07 PM
dex

Ibanez GIO line is made in Indonesia in the same factory that makes Pacifica 012 and 112 for Yamaha.
All the guitar mags rave about the Pac012 and Pac112 being the best budget guitars out there and as the GIO are made up to the same QC - they are not bad starter guitars.
I was thinking of getting a red GRX40 for it's straty look but by the time I decided to go for it they changed the bridge to 2 point fulcrum (I wanted the 6 screw bridge) and the estimate of new maple fretboard + pickups scared me a little.
If you like it - buy it.

ilia
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 08:00 PM

I have a GSA20, was the first guitar I got and is the only electric I have owned (hopefully not too much longer though). That is not to say it is bad, I really like the neck but it does need some upgrading. I put a duncan in the bridge and an 85 in the neck, and i sounds pretty good. I haven't tried a lot of other guitars, but this one doesn't seem bad at all, just some things need to be upped.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 07:43 PM

I'd say for an axe bearing the Ibanez logo they're acceptable.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2004, 05:22 AM

which Gio RG is this? my dealer has a GRG model but it sports a floating vibrato, an ILT unit which is a manifestation of the TRS.

the only Gio i like is the GAX version, the tune-o-matic type bridge helps the sustain & it plays very well.

Tags
guitar mag , ibanez models , maple fret , maple fretboard , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode