Ibanez GRG models? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez GRG models?

I just browsed the Ibanez website in the Parts section, i clicked on 2003 and search for model then came the list of models available for the 2003 season, at the bottom i saw the range "GAX/GRX/GSA AND GRG"

I checked out the GRG models and they only have the 270 (4 colours to choose from) and 370 models (2 colours to choose from) and they are exactly identical to the RG series guitars however these guitars are made in China thus low quality and on the neck it says GIO or GRG (can't really see what is says) Ibanez

Since when did Ibanez make the GRG models? If anyone knows will they be around the same price range of the GRX, GSA and GAX guitars?

check them out here:

http://www.ibanez.com/parts/2003_PAR...gio_index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 06:03 PM

They're the throwaway entry-level models. Utter garbage, but...there's obviously a market for them somewhere. I've seen them packaged with cheap little practice amps around the holidays as "starter kits".
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

any idea where i can get them from? i just need any old cheap RG ibanez guitar to play around with
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 07:10 PM

If it helps, the whole line is available in Chile. Obviously, don't expect a great instrument, but a great looking, ultra cheap axe.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

thanks!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 10:38 AM

Re: Ibanez GRG models?

I've bought one of them when I was in the philippines. theyre actually not very bad. It was a GRG270. bought for about $200. The pickups were crappy and the bridge was sucky as well. the guitar was functional as a workhorse thouhg. I changed the pickups to super distortion and PAf pro and a fender gold lace sensor in the middle, and the guitar ended up sounding great. the tones I got were even better than my RG550 in some ways. again, it's all about how you set up the guitar. the wood was decent sounding so I was able to make the cheap guitar sound pretty darn good by just changing the pickups and setting the guitar up.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 05:11 PM

Even if you can make it sound decent, I just never liked the feel of the entry-level Ibanez guitars. The bridges on them are ALWAYS total crap and the necks aren't nearly as comfortable as the regular RG series guitars. Personally, I would suggest spending the extra few bucks on a regular series RG (you can get a brand new RG321 for like $270 and it comes with better stock pickups and a mahogany body) and THEN modifying it to your liking if you just need something that's not super expensive.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyconxero
Even if you can make it sound decent, I just never liked the feel of the entry-level Ibanez guitars. The bridges on them are ALWAYS total crap and the necks aren't nearly as comfortable as the regular RG series guitars. Personally, I would suggest spending the extra few bucks on a regular series RG (you can get a brand new RG321 for like $270 and it comes with better stock pickups and a mahogany body) and THEN modifying it to your liking if you just need something that's not super expensive.
For the money I paid for it, about $180, i think the quality was ok. The most important aspect I consider is that it resonates well and it did. It didn't sound fantastic but ok.I'm just speaking from my experience with it.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 10:45 PM

I'd avoid the GRG models myself. After seeing the quality on these things I generally recommend people buy a used Korean made or Indonesian RG3xx RG2xx over these Chinese made GRG models.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 11:27 PM

It's not a bad guitar at all.... I've got this and still love using it ...

Tags
ibanez guitars , lace sensor , mahogany body , paf pro , practice amp , super distortion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode