Ibanez guitar questions - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
Ibanez guitar questions

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a new guitar. I've been looking at a bunch of Ibanez guitars and I have a couple of questions...Here we go!

1. The STM1, does anyone have one of these? If so, Do you like it? Love it? hate it? tolerate it?

2. RG's (non-Prestige) I've looked in to several RGs and I've played with one, needless to say I liked it...But, on the one I played(an RG350MDX I think) the volume nob was reeeeeealy stiff, I could hardly turn it up or down. Which is a problem for me because I love doing the Steve Morse, Yngwie Malmsteen style volume swells...Are they all like that? And how can you make the Whammy bar stay in one spot like Satriani's does(I know he uses a different bridge).

and Finally:

3. S series(also non-Prestige) Are the stock pups aaaaaaaaaaaaannnny good at all can they Satch scream with out some processor/Multi-effect pedal?...Just on the amp distortion or a Boss ds1 type pedal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 03:59 PM

Re: Ibanez guitar questions

1. I havenīt tried one so I canīt comment
2. no they are not all like that, but the volume pot may die after some time, and youīll have to replace it, itīs not expensive, about the bar staying in one spot, I think itīs not possible with an edge 3, but I donīt have one to make sure
3. the pups are decent, not the best pups in the world, Iīd say your ampīs distortion ismore important than the pups, they may or may not scream depending on that
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Cool Re: Ibanez guitar questions

Cool man thanks!....Does anyone know anything about The STM1???
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 12:03 AM

The Edge 3 can be tightened to any tension you like.. you can make it like Satch or let it loose like yngwie or EVH..

I like the Edge 3 - stays in tune .. anyway i m not a tuning fanatic.. but.. it is close enough for me..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik_Left_RG View Post
The Edge 3 can be tightened to any tension you like.. you can make it like Satch or let it loose like yngwie or EVH..

I like the Edge 3 - stays in tune .. anyway i m not a tuning fanatic.. but.. it is close enough for me..

How can you tighten them??

Tags
joe satriani , rg350 , s520ex , stm1 , whammy bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode