Ibanez Headstock Decal - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 13
Ibanez Headstock Decal

The Ibanez logo has taken on many forms over the years. I personally prefer the 'tick' type logo of the type Vai and Satriani uses. I think this is the most common version.

I also believe the current Prestige logo is boring and looks like the cheaper model headstocks from the late 80's early 90's. I would be more inclined to buy a prestige model if they had the 'normal' tick type logo.

Obviously the sound of the guitar is the primary reason for the purchase of the guitar however I have been less inclined to look at the Prestige range because of the crappy looking logo, which is a shame because I really like some of those finishes on the RG's from the last 3 - 4 years.

What do others think of the Prestige logo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:48 PM

Reviews: 25
Re: Ibanez Headstock Decal

I couldn't agree with you more, The prestige headstock looks crap, i would say they should change the prestige headstock logo to the same as the others just put the prestige signiture in the spot where you would usually find the Jem signiture etc....

A quality instrument should be double checked for detail and asthetics aswell. Obviously a prestige buyer will want quality but since it will be played live more than likely the looks are just as important. No one wants to play a great but UGLY guitar !!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 11:18 PM

I like the Prestige logo.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 12:14 AM

i vote for old 'tick' logo
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
...........just put the prestige signiture in the spot where you would usually find the Jem signiture etc....
Great idea
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:47 PM

Tick ALL THe WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 08:11 PM

I love the tick!!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 11:01 PM

i also like the tick better
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 01:06 AM

"The Tick?" I'm pretty sure that's not David Puddy in a blue "superhero" costume.

I guess you must mean that Nike-swoosh-like thing.

I don't mind the swoosh-less (tickless?) Prestige logo, as long as it's done with an inlaid MOP, rather than a sticker,
as the swoosh is normally done. Mind it? Heck, I prefer it, actually.

Now, if the swoosh (tick... yeah, can't get used to that... it's not a bloodsucking insect, ok?) if the swoosh were inlaid MOP as the Ibanez name is, that'd be cool.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 03:39 AM

Hooray for tick logo
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

The 'tick' is looking pretty strong.

So... Ibanez bring back the TICK!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 08:42 AM

Prestige logo is boring, but that makes it easily distinguishable from other models . Prefer the tick
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 09:07 AM

I'm younger than 90% of this forum, and I was a baby when all the classic Ibanez models were still quite new and radical designs. I got into Ibanez a bit after they phased out the MIJ models with the swoosh on them, and introduced their Prestige line. So I'm used to the look of it.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 09:16 AM

Reviews: 2

I like prestige logo, it looks nice. The fact that it's not a decal but MOP inlay makes it prestige. But I like the tick also...
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 09:56 AM

i don't like the tickless logo. i don't even like the standard logo from the '90s, where you got a grey-ish tick and a chrome Ibanez logo. it would have made more sense if it was all chrome or all grey. also, the chrome logo often is not clear and visible because it often reflects dark spots or environment. the best of all was the all-white tick logo, that it made a nice contrast with the black headstock background AND it was very visible from quite a distance. and you could clearly read "Ibanez" on it...

but i guess this would better move on Comments To Ibanez?

Tags
black headstock , ibanez models

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode