IBANEZ! IBANEZ!! IBANEZ!!! - No longer a virgin. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

IBANEZ! IBANEZ!! IBANEZ!!! - No longer a virgin.

I'm no longer an Ibanez virgin!

I played my first (and second) Ibanezs today! *I played an RG-270 (with OFR) and another RG (3-- something) with a TRS II. *First impression, WOW!! WHAT A NECK!!! *Next thing I noticed, very comfortable to play! *I also discovered that I like the TRS better than the OFR since the OFR's arm wiggled to much and didn't go back to tune. *The TRS, on the other hand, was smoother and went back to tune a lot better (whether it was perfect I couldn't tell). *Anyone who says the TRS is too stiff, hasn't tried a Squire Strat. *Next I think I'll try plugging one into an amp (yep, I got all this without even using an amp!) and also try the 470, the 570 (I think) and the 7620!!!! *Yes, they have one! *I'm almost 100% sure it's a 7620 and not a 7420!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 05:52 PM

Reviews: 5
IBANEZ! IBANEZ!! IBANEZ!!!

Welcome to your best nightmare! :biggrin: -- for your bank account, of course! Once you get addicted to Ibanez, there's no way back.

If you enjoyed these lower-end RGs, you will be amazed with the Japanese RGs, JEMs, JSs and the other fine axes!

I can tell you: for now on, all my axes will be Ibanez (except for some models I want in my collection -- a Guild acoustic, a Gibson ES-335 and a PRS Les Paul).
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

I'm going back to that guitar shop tomorrow to do some more playing around, hopefully plug in (to the Cyber-Twin if I'm lucky! :biggrin. *I love the TRS!!! (please don't kill me) *I don't understand where all the bad comments on the "lower quality" instruments comes from! *Then again, my entire guitar playing experience up until now has been on a Squire Strat. *It just goes to show, a good company's lower budget guitar will always beat out a bad company's top of the line guitars. *I'm not bashing Fender, just Squire. *:laugh:
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 07:07 AM

Hey - don't knock Squire, either. My old school had one of those, and it sounded beautiful with the neck pickup and mild overdrive.

The neck was also perfect for cheezy blues playing. I would have bought the guitar if some guy hadn't drawn all over it...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 03:00 PM

G.A.S. comming on I see it down the road :silly:
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

lol, *well, I went back and plugged the 320 (that's what it was!) into a really nice Hughs & Kettner half stack and it sounded and played amazing! *I love IBANEZ!! *I spent the first half an hour staring at the Ibanez wall, and the next 20 minutes on the RG-320. *Oh, and it is a 7620!!! *Maybe someday I'll buy it. *No one seems to notice it, since it's all black and tucked away in the corner. *It's been there for years and is going for pretty cheap.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Quote: from Two hands31 on 10:53 am on May 20, 2001
It's been there for years and is going for pretty cheap.
Then what are you waiting for???? Get the damn thing!!! I'm getting my 1077XL this saturday, so go get yours and we'll rejoice on this board!!!!!!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Update on the 7620, it's going for $1012. *I don't have the money yet, but once I do, it's mine! *Hopefully if I get a job, my parents will lend me the money and I'll pay them back. *
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 04:44 PM
rvj

If you like the feel of a cheap Ibanez, wait till you try a Jem7VWH. Everything pales in comparision. When I first spotted my Jem, I thought it was just another signature model. But then I played it, what a great feeling axe. I don't buy guitars because some artist endorses it, I buy for feel and tone! I've got several nice guitars, Les Paul, Strat, Parker Fly, but since I bought my first Jem they never get played anymore. I now own a DNA and I'm looking for Jem #3. Welcome to the addiction my friend, it may be costly, but well worth the coin!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 02:04 AM

That's close to what I paid for mine (CAN of course)
It hasn't let me down yet!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 11:33 PM

rvj,

You are so right! *I have had an RG570 for a while and I LOVE it. *I had played a JEM7DBK last year and didn't think it was much different than my RG. *This year, I played a JEM7VWH next to a brand new RG570. *OH MOTHER OF ALL THAT'S HOLY! *I could not believe the sound/feel!!

My wife "authorized" me to buy one, but I have to wait 3 months. *I can't wait; I drool over pictures of it everyday!

-Andy
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 12:36 AM

Maybe it's just me but the jem7vwh by know means impressed me, in fact I think it slow me down a little. Maybe I just had an off day, either way I'm gonna try it again when I get the chance. I liked the dbk and the js1000 necks thou. So I'm sort of puzzled on this one.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 11:19 AM
rvj

Andy, it will be worth the wait. Why 3 months? Is it a cash or availability situation. Cuz if its availability, you don't live too far from me and I could let you know if I spot one. Recently I found a 7VWH at G.C. for $800, I created a post here on Jemsite to let people know.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Quote: from rvj on 10:19 am on June 5, 2001
Andy, it will be worth the wait. Why 3 months? Is it a cash or availability situation.
It's neither. *It is part of the deal with my wife; she starts her MBA program in August (so she won't be around as often). *For some reason, she's worried that if I buy my Jem now that she won't see me ever again. *:innocent:
Thanks, though.

Tags
guitar playing , guitar shop , les paul , neck pickup , parker fly , squire strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode