Ibanez J Custom RG Gear 1 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez J Custom RG Gear 1

So anybody know how in demand the RG Gear is? Not sure if these sell very quickly on the used market or if there are many people out there looking for them. Would love to know what you all think about the collectibility of the guitar as well as how quickly they're likely to sell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 09:11 PM

Re: Ibanez J Custom RG Gear 1

I think it's a really cool and unique piece but due to top being somewhat fragile I probably wouldn't buy one because I'd be afraid to play it. As far as how quickly it's likely to sell, Rich has had one for sale at Ibanezrules.com for a long time now . Obviously, lowering the price affects how fast it sells as well.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, it is definitely a collectors item. I'd love to have it and my puzzle top just put up in cases in my guitar room. I just don't know about dropping $2k on a guitar that hasn't seen much interest in quite a few years. I'm still really tempted to snag it though.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Vendor

I've sold it several times over the time I've had it, and just like you, the deal was never completed. And since you didn't send the check today as you said you would, I'll make it real easy. The price just went up the $200 I said I was going to raise it, since it's very clear by not replying to my email, and this thread, you are now just kicking tires.

But thanks for your interest.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Whoa dude, I just emailed you about it yesterday so it's not like I've been stringing you along for days. I told you I got called into work early and couldn't make the bank to do a cashiers check. That's true. Plus, there is nothing wrong with feeling it out with this community. I'm sorry if you have had it for a while but I don't think being rude or raising the price will help sell it. You just made it really easy for me to never buy from you.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Vendor

You can feel things out all you like, but not after you've already made the deal and said you'd send a check today. Now whatever reason you didn't send it, the fact you started this thread makes it perfectly clear to me you were back on the fence, and I do not hold guitars for those that aren't committed buyers. It's that simple. Raising the price just offsets the interest I've eaten on it, and I'l again thank you for bringing it to my attention how long it had been sitting. The $200 isn't going to make any difference to the next buyer that does, or does not [again], complete the transaction.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

I started this thread the same time I sent you the email stating I wasn't able to make it to the bank because of work and had more time to consider things and decided that I had to pass based on the lack of interest on the guitar and your price for it. Anyways, I don't fight online because it is pointless and ridiculous.

Best of luck.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTexCap View Post
I started this thread the same time I sent you the email stating I wasn't able to make it to the bank .
You emailed at 3::59PM
Thread started at 8:18PM

I knew ecxactly what was going on and 60 seconds after I hit enter on my first post I got the email from you backing out. So let's not pretend I didn't call it the way it was. There was nothing rude said, there was nothing stated but the truth.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Whoa dude, I just emailed you about it yesterday so it's not like I've been stringing you along for days. I told you I got called into work early and couldn't make the bank to do a cashiers check. That's true. Plus, there is nothing wrong with feeling it out with this community. I'm sorry if you have had it for a while but I don't think being rude or raising the price will help sell it. You just made it really easy for me to never buy from you.
You're making a mistake on that one--Rich is always straightforward, and whether anyone likes it or not, he's a business man. Going my some of the things written in this thread, it's pretty clear you were having second thoughts. Nothing wrong with that, but if you initiate a transaction with someone at least be man enough to fess up to it. If this had been an eBay auction and you went through the Buy It Now process and didn't pay, don't you think the seller would be a little upset? Here in the online world where names have no faces and handshakes are virtual--common courtesy dictates that folks should still adhere to the same business practices they would as in a "brick and mortar" store.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
You're making a mistake on that one--Rich is always straightforward, and whether anyone likes it or not, he's a business man. Going my some of the things written in this thread, it's pretty clear you were having second thoughts. Nothing wrong with that, but if you initiate a transaction with someone at least be man enough to fess up to it. If this had been an eBay auction and you went through the Buy It Now process and didn't pay, don't you think the seller would be a little upset? Here in the online world where names have no faces and handshakes are virtual--common courtesy dictates that folks should still adhere to the same business practices they would as in a "brick and mortar" store.
That he's not completing doesn't upset me anymore than if he had. I told him yesterday, I'd be happy if he bought it, and I'd be happy if he didn't, because I needed to raise the price on it to cover the interest. I have a few long holds and a business mistake is not keeping up with increasing costs. Unlike some I don't need a thread to tell me a very rare, very cool, very high quality guitar like a Gear is extremely good inventory, and that selling it for $200 profit was not good business sense. Anybody can cancel a deal for any reason, no skin off my nose. Climbing on the fence in public on this board? I made it easy and called it off, because I knew exactly where it was going to begin with. But getting called "rude" for doing so? is where the OP needs to take ownership of his own intent. I emailed him, he didn't answer, of course he was online, he started this thread and replied to it. I don't need a map to read the road.

BTW I have no interest in arguing about it or anything else, but I am big on truth, and if you state something about me or a transaction with me, then it should be 100% the truth. I'm kinda big on that.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 02:37 AM

Reviews: 25

That RG GEAR is sweet.. I am a real sucker for these 90's J Customs, they have to be one of the finest guitars Ibanez have ever made IMO

Damn if I had the money I would buy it from Rich, he would give it a killer setup and you know it will be quality when it arrives...
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 03:17 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
That he's not completing doesn't upset me anymore than if he had. I told him yesterday, I'd be happy if he bought it, and I'd be happy if he didn't, because I needed to raise the price on it to cover the interest. I have a few long holds and a business mistake is not keeping up with increasing costs. Unlike some I don't need a thread to tell me a very rare, very cool, very high quality guitar like a Gear is extremely good inventory, and that selling it for $200 profit was not good business sense. Anybody can cancel a deal for any reason, no skin off my nose. Climbing on the fence in public on this board? I made it easy and called it off, because I knew exactly where it was going to begin with. But getting called "rude" for doing so? is where the OP needs to take ownership of his own intent. I emailed him, he didn't answer, of course he was online, he started this thread and replied to it. I don't need a map to read the road.

BTW I have no interest in arguing about it or anything else, but I am big on truth, and if you state something about me or a transaction with me, then it should be 100% the truth. I'm kinda big on that.

Yep--that was one of my key points in that reply. Regardless of how the deal went down, going public and calling you rude was uncalled for. I rarely jump in these type of threads, but only do when it's aimed at a very few people.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Exact quoted email sent at 8:44pm:

"Hey Rich, since I didn't make the bank today and have thought about it more I think I should pass on it. I'd love it as a collectors item but since you've had it for a while and it hasn't sold I'm afraid that spending $2k on it isn't really justifiable in my mind. I apologize.

I will, in a heartbeat, buy an HRG2001 or a J Custom case though."

My post about being unsure but specifically stating I'm still tempted to snag it, 9:39pm:

"Yeah, it is definitely a collectors item. I'd love to have it and my puzzle top just put up in cases in my guitar room. I just don't know about dropping $2k on a guitar that hasn't seen much interest in quite a few years. I'm still really tempted to snag it though."

And I didn't post a single negative thing or even discuss who I was dealing with until Rich commented on this thread. Wasn't me who turned it into a dumb online thread that are all too common these days.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Exact quoted email sent at 8:44pm:

"Hey Rich, since I didn't make the bank today and have thought about it more I think I should pass on it. I'd love it as a collectors item but since you've had it for a while and it hasn't sold I'm afraid that spending $2k on it isn't really justifiable in my mind. I apologize.

I will, in a heartbeat, buy an HRG2001 or a J Custom case though."

My post about being unsure but specifically stating I'm still tempted to snag it, 9:39pm:

"Yeah, it is definitely a collectors item. I'd love to have it and my puzzle top just put up in cases in my guitar room. I just don't know about dropping $2k on a guitar that hasn't seen much interest in quite a few years. I'm still really tempted to snag it though."
Your email was at 9:44, 5 minutes after your post, try keeping the time signatures the same. The point was I knew exactly what you were doing and were backing out, tell me I'm wrong? Evidently not, your email verifies it, so what is your point in posting it?

Quote:
And I didn't post a single negative thing or even discuss who I was dealing with until Rich commented on this thread. Wasn't me who turned it into a dumb online thread that are all too common these days.

Although you sure posted negative after I posted in this thread?, so how this helps your argument [the one you said you weren't going to get into], is beyond me. That negative post is what turned this into the "dumb online thread" it turned into, not the post about me making it easy on you and saying what I knew was already happening.......

We can continue this as long as you want.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Vendor

And just to keep everything correct, it was AS IS CASH at $1870, plus shipping [since you keep repeating $2000, which it wasn't.]. And another note, I had the HRG2001 for 2 years before it was sold, which I'm sure if you had started a thread at the time to guage interest, would have brought the same result as this one.

Tags
gear , gears , ibanez , j custom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode