Ibanez J-Custom Rg-Paint4 vs. Rg20071 HBK Limited Prestige - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 03:21 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez J-Custom Rg-Paint4 vs. Rg20071 HBK Limited Prestige

What do you guys think between an RG20071 HBK and a J-custom Rg-Paint4..? Is it a good idea to sell my limited edition prestige for an older J-Custom? I have a chance to buy 1 of those RG-Paint4s, but to afford i have to get rid of my Prestige, wich is a really cool guitar. Do you think, is the RG-Paint4 better instrument? Please write some wise things in few words!

Regards!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 04:15 AM
SYL

Re: Ibanez J-Custom Rg-Paint4 vs. Rg20071 HBK Limited Prestige

I have an RG Paint 4 - and don't waste your time they are .....ohh i can do it... It is the most beuatiful thing i have ever played! Do anything you can to get it! if not let me know and I will gladly get another one!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

In my experience, the J-custom guitars tend to have better setups and fretwork. this could be construed to make them a better instrument. But if you have sentimental attachment to your Prestige, it might be better just to treat your existing guitar to a setup, some new strings and if it's been really good maybe a new pickup or something
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 05:56 AM

i should do it.i like the j custom more!a lot more!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 06:11 AM
j.p

it is very possible that the j-custom is better than your's rg,but as you've write is really cool guitar...so.... think well.
in my opinion as you like your rg(and really it is very nice and good sounding guitar)you must keep it.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 06:39 AM

I think the J Custom is undoubtedly a better guitar but the prestige looks better in my opinion. Never liked the Paint 4's look. Its a bit too jarring on the eye.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Yes, i know, my prestige is better looking. but.. but.. its a custom. With different neck, bridge, pick ups, craftsmanship, etc. I just dont have a chance to try it, thats the main problem. I love the wizard neck, but is the J-custom neck better? I guess, its slightly thicker and i have heared something, that its "assymetric?" profile? Cant imagine, how it feels in my hands.
Im getting too stressed about it.. pfff!
Well there is 1 more thing near the J-custom, i could get it actually cheaper, then the money, i could get for my prestige.
If i start to change the pick ups in the prestige and then make someone to level my frets, etc., its again money, money money.. I just cant spend for it now.
I dont know yet, what to do..
Maybe a question more:
Im playing low tuned music. Standard C. Woul the Lo-Pro Edge work better with the low tuned strings, than the Edge Pro?
Anyway thanx for all of you guys for your advuces and time! Any word is help!

Regards!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

I think i dont have a sentimental attachment to my guitar.. Or do i?? Confused.. Well i love that Prestige, but you start to miss your girlfriend, when she is already gone.. But it all depends of the new girlfriend, if she makesyou happy in the first moment..?
Excellent example, isnt it?? )
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 06:57 PM
SYL

Not to talk you out of it, but you need to have a connection to it - if it is just workmanship and parts you're after, and you don't like the look of it than maybe it is not for you. I love the ibanez componenets, workmanship features etc, but would gladly say would never own a jem as i don't like the look of them (don't stone me - i would maybe consider an LNG with pyramids though!)

I absolutely adore m Paint 4 - it was the look that won me though - and the way it plays was such a pleasent suprise.

if you decide against it - please let me know as I would love to get another one (as my Paint 4 is rather beat up)
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

I maybe would have a connection to it, if a had a chance to test it.. But i dont and this would be my first J-Custom experience in my life..! In EU they dont sell it at every cornerand unless you dont diciede to buy it, you cant try it, usually only after paying..
Well.. i traded today my prestige for sell.. I decieded it, cos there is something in my personallity against this saying: "Dont leave walked way fo unwalked!" I do leave it for new experiments. "Almost always.." So this means, if someone will buy my prestige, ill go for the J-Custom and give it a try. Honestly? What can i loose? I can get rid of it, if i dont like it..
Btw SYL! You are from Australia, arent you? My bands bass-guitarist (Iain) is also from Australia and same time he is my workmate.. One of the best guy, ive ever met, so all respect for you man and cheers/for your fears!
If somehow i dont get the RG-Paint4, or i change my mind, ill let you know in that moment, i promise! Than its yours!

Regards for all!

Up the irons!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 08:38 PM
SYL

Go for it DHS - you won't regret it!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 12:13 AM

Reviews: 25

I own an RgPaint 1 and will be buying an RG Paint 2 in a few weeks time. Tastiest guitars... I am totaly hooked in J Customs.

You wont be dissapointed......
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 12:27 AM
SYL

Hey IF7,

Have you seen any other goodies? Like seeing you're pics!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 12:33 AM
SYL

Hey DHS,

just to make sure - if you are buying if from the guy/girl advertising it here...just bare in mind he/she only has a few listings here. I have been burn't twice buying things through direct (non 'bay) purchases - just make sure he/she has some references or get him/her to arrange it through 'bay for protection.

PM me if you want some help - otherwise if is trustworthy go for it!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 01:21 AM

J-Customs= superstrat pefection IMHO. Don't get me wrong there are other makers that are on that level. But a J-Custom is great. Especailly since the one you're looking at doesn't have the new Edge -Zero which most people say isn't that great.

Tags
j-custom , limited edition , presitge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode