Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez Jem meet Line6 Variax. Variax meet Jem :)

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Jason Stone 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I got a variax and I absolutly love the $hit out of it.. The Les Paul models and the Strat models are superb, the Jazz models are fantastic, the Tele is twangy like it should be, the Semi Hollows are very close to the originals.

The acoustics arent dead on but very very useful, the resonators are flawless might be the best part actually.

The only down fall is the Richenbacher or however the hell you spell it,

HERE IS A LINK to guy that has both the actual models and the variax he did side by side comparisons with a podxt using the same presets.. The Les Paul special models are spooky close..

http://www.shufflocity.com/variax.htm

#10 ·
i actually wanted to find a beat up rg620x and variax, and have ekg or chis woods build a custom body to drop all of them into. then i would have a double edge with the variax tones. still an rg. i would put 2 hums in it, but the wouldn't bee wired up. like some old artcore hums with the chrome covers. that would be killer.

rich

#11 ·
i actually wanted to find a beat up rg620x and variax, and have ekg or chis woods build a custom body to drop all of them into. then i would have a double edge with the variax tones. still an rg. i would put 2 hums in it, but the wouldn't bee wired up. like some old artcore hums with the chrome covers. that would be killer.

rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.