Ibanez JPM Specs - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:23 PM

Reviews: 10
Wink Re: Ibanez JPM Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhea View Post
Nah, not being sensitive, I just don't like you. I've read many of your posts over the years and you always seem to be the contrarian and come off as a prick most of the time. I doubt I am the first person you've put off with your condescension. But I digress...

What pisses me off is not that fact that you can't possibly know my guitar since you've never played it, but rather you'd like to think that I am the problem and that it is unlikely the guitar has the issue. But therein lies the problem... you seem to know everything. You'd rather assume that I am inferior, even stupid, compared to your guitar knowledge, playing abilities and guitar collection. You're just a dick. Period.

The guitar is quite playable and I love it. I use it often and it is one of my favorite guitars. I simply notice that is has less sustain than some of my others and is missing or lacking clear pinch harmonics in certain ares of the neck. No one ever mentioned Defective Workmanship or the desire to have Ibanez CS step in to do anything. I'll repeat, the pinch harmonics the guitar is missing cannot be heard even with the guitar UNPLUGGED from any amp, thus bypassing electronics, amplifiers and effects. As you must certainly know, picking and strumming around on an electric unplugged is a good way to hear how resonant the instrument is (and before you make a smart-ass comment about it, YES you CAN hear artifical harmonics with an electric unplugged). I'm 35 and have been playing guitar since I was 15, so I can assure you that while I'm no Steve Vai or George Lynch I can pinch a friggin' artificial harmonic. Are you retarded?

All you had to say was that in your experience JPMs sound great... you didn't have accuse me of being the problem. If I had said the exact same thing (verbatim) to you it would have been WW III. You wouldn't have stood for it. I don't normally confront people online because it's pointless, and normally I ignore you especially as the troll you are most of the time in posts like these... but I have to admit today you really made me angry.

Would it placate you if I reiterated that I love my JPM and that it is one of my favorite guitars? That way you might not feel that someone was possibly attacking a guitar you have in your collection. Wouldn't want your fragile ego to get bruised again.

RR
Gosh! you are being such a baby!!! for a 35 year old you have a lot of growing up to do No need to be belligerent! I am accusing you of nothing! Lay off the decaf and get back on Prozac and then and only then will you be able to unravel the mystery of "The missing harmonics" Repeat after me: Wood is my friend!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 05:10 PM

Re: Ibanez JPM Specs

Gentlemen, be nice please. Agree to disagree and go from there.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 06:14 AM

Getting back to the original post. There are 5 different JPM´s. The fifth one being the 90th HAM. Specs of the 90th are:´
-Dimarzio pickups (Air Norton in neck position and Steve's Special in bridge position)
-3-way toggle switch
-Cosmo black hardware
-Lo Pro Edge tremolo
-Flamed maple top - black back
-Picasso graphic finish with translucent blue stain The stains can differ slightly in darkness on this model. Some are lighter, while some are deeper and richer blues.
-Basswood body

NECK
-Ebony fretboard
-Dunlop 6100 jumbo frets
-Scale length - 648MM/25.5"
-Width at nut - 42MM
-Width at last fret - 56MM
-Thickness at first fret - 19MM
-Thickness at 12th fret - 21MM
-Radius - 430

Here are some pics of mine:

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 06:46 AM

Reviews: 25

Thats one sexy Ibanez......
fact is, it cant be that bad of a guitar... Good enough for JP to record a few albums, with this band, you may have heard of them. I think they are called Dream Theater ?
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 07:21 AM

As in all things guitar. It's all preferance so if you don't try one out and are unhappy after you buy one it's your fault not anyone else's. So modernguitarist, don't lean so much on what we say. Yeah, ask us if it is quality and worth looking at. Discount the lame answers by strange posters (no one in this thread but there are some on the forum). And then go try one.

That's all anyone can really do. Yeah, I know they are hard to find, but it's the only way to be 100% sure about a guitar purchase.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 08:45 AM

Reinder,
That's a stunning guitar, and your pictures are just incredible.
Thanks for the new wallpaper!
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhspike View Post
Reinder,
That's a stunning guitar, and your pictures are just incredible.
Thanks for the new wallpaper!
If you want a higher resolution let me know!
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinder View Post
If you want a higher resolution let me know!
Sorry for bumping the old topic! But dude I need some higher solutions! The guitar is great! I have an upcoming JPM P2 which should be here in ~3 weeks. I'm dying by waiting arghh..
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 11:04 AM

Reviews: 13

+1
I also would like to have high res pics
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 11:33 PM

I love the JPM. The neck is very comfortable and I think it has unique sounds and excellent quality. For me it is really a collector item though - I have a dead mint 90th Hoshino Anniversary JPM that I got from Rich in 2001 and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Mine has a beautiful flame top on it. If you can find a "player" of one of these - get it.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 10:35 AM

I must say thats my graal now but im Southpaw unfortunately! but i have a Jem 555(1997) and a 1570 prestige (2003) so im fine at the moment!!

Tags
air norton , basswood body , bridge position , cosmo black hardware , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , ebony fretboard , edge trem , flamed maple , guitar collection , jumbo frets , neck position , pinch harmonics , playing guitar , prestige wizard , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pro tremolo , solid state amp , solid state amps , steve vai , toggle switch , tube amp , tube amps , viper neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode