Ibanez JTK3 (Finish Question...) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez JTK3 (Finish Question...)

Okay, so I definitely want one of the new Ibanez Jet King 3's. Unfortunately, in the US, you can only get 'em in Blue or Orange. I want this finish:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_...1&series_id=57

Turquoise!

Unfortunately it seems to be strictly for certain regions in the UK, and not anywhere else. I already strained all of my import options, and none of them can get it... Even in Japan it's only Blue/Orange. Plus importing from the UK will cost 500-600 (!) which makes the price ridiculous.

So here's my question for you guys, since you probably will know better than me:

Should I just buy a Blue one now, or should I keep waiting in the hopes that Ibanez releases the Turquoise green one in the US? Is there any chance they'll release it here at any time, or is it very unlikely and I'm wasting my time? Maybe summer NAMM?

If I do get the blue one I plan to refinish it sparkle green, like my RG570. I just don't know if I should get it now, or keep waiting for new finish options... I'm totally unsure about how Ibanez handles finishes, so if I'm wasting my time or not, I'm clueless!

Anyhow. This is like my first post here, so hi. I have a few Ibanez guitars, (RG570, TC740, TM60)... I always have my eyes peeled for deals on RG's. Love 'em.

Thanks! Any help (if possible) is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Re: Ibanez JTK3 (Finish Question...)

Aw. No opinions?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisk View Post
. . .

Maybe summer NAMM?

. . .
First of all, welcome! Many of us also get frustrated by seemingly nonsensical marketing decisions from our favorite guitar company.

If I were you, I would wait for summer NAMM and then if it doesn't get a wider distribution, I would probably get another color and refinish it.

Good luck!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikey Mikey View Post
First of all, welcome! Many of us also get frustrated by seemingly nonsensical marketing decisions from our favorite guitar company.

If I were you, I would wait for summer NAMM and then if it doesn't get a wider distribution, I would probably get another color and refinish it.

Good luck!
Thanks!

I do love Ibanez, it's just a weird decision, yep.

But that sounds like a good plan. I suppose I'll go ahead an order the blue after NAMM if they don't do anything about the "Turquoise". Not sure why they call it that when it looks more like seafoam green. Still my favorite finish either way.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisk View Post
Aw. No opinions?
Yes! That's an awesome finish. Shame they don't put it on some better guitars.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Yes! That's an awesome finish. Shame they don't put it on some better guitars.
Haha! There's that too, yeah. To be fair, I could afford some really nice guitars, but I actually collect/play a lot of cheap (sub 500 USD) guitars by choice. I'm a huge fan of the 90's solid body Talman series, so the new JTK3's remind me a lot of those.

Of course my first love were RG's. My RG570 is my 'main' guitar when playing out and such. Though I'm starting to question the EMG 81/85 set in it. My tonal tastes have changed a lot since I put those in there.

Anyhow, I still don't understand why they didn't release the best Jet King finish universally. The blue and orange are so boring.

Then again... Almost every single guitar I own is green. So I'm picky.

Last edited by Krisk; 05-22-2008 at 09:22 PM.

Tags
ibanez guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode