Ibanez K14.. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez K14..

Does anyone have any information about Munky of KoRn's Ibanez K14... specs, pictures etc... if so let me know, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 01:35 AM

Do a search- the K14 has been discussed before
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 01:35 AM

I've only seen one small picture of it in a guitar mag, months and months ago. So I know it's really out there somewhere. But other than that, i can't tell ya' much more than it is supposedly a K7 with a hardtail and extra tuners on the opposite side of the headstock...lol

To be fair, I remember reading an interview with Head saying he was getting one too, but was not used to it yet. He's apparently used Munky's and likes the sound and finds it useful, but hasn't quite adjusted to it. I vaguely remember him saying the inlay was gonna be his kid's or wife's name...something like that. I might be dreamin'... The interview was in a British guitar magazine if I remember correctly, and came out around the time that the new album hit the stores. I'll see if I can find it...
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 11:50 AM

I would kind of doubt if anything is happening with the K14 other than the one that Munky already has. As far as I know, it's only used on 'Alone I Break' off the Untouchables album, and now that the new album is out the band admits that they didn't like Untouchables very much, and it didn't work live. They've gone back to a dirtier, heavier sound.. so not much call for a 14 string guitar there.

But you know.. I could be completely talking outta my you know what.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q-pub
I would kind of doubt if anything is happening with the K14 other than the one that Munky already has. As far as I know, it's only used on 'Alone I Break' off the Untouchables album, and now that the new album is out the band admits that they didn't like Untouchables very much, and it didn't work live. They've gone back to a dirtier, heavier sound.. so not much call for a 14 string guitar there.

But you know.. I could be completely talking outta my you know what.
You make a good point, but Head has said in interviews that he's getting a 14-string, and a 7/14 doubleneck made.

So, I guess we'll wait and see who's talking out of who's "you know what"
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q-pub
and now that the new album is out the band admits that they didn't like Untouchables very much, and it didn't work live.
no no, they love the album, it was just boring to play live cuz they felt it was more their job to get everyone pumped instead of just rock out. alot of korn fans didnt like untouchables, i think its their best work.

and the model that head is getting is a double neck 14/7 string. made out of mahogany, yea, ouch, better call a doctor. that would eat away at your shoulder like a fat kid with a cupcake.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 11:36 PM

here is a video with him showing it off.if your a member of korn kamp,there's a pic of him using it in a practice.
http://spark.wm.llnw.net/a32/externa...techtalkBB.wmv
lol,it sounds like,well it sounds like a gibson.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 11:53 PM

"It sounds like a Gibson" that's classic

Wish he'd actually play one or two of those for us to hear.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 12:36 AM

yeah,me to.i got one of him playing the gibson.if you want it.......well here.
http://spark.wm.llnw.net/a32/externa...practiceBB.wmv
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 12:39 AM

That's a pretty sweet sound, wish he had it when they played here so I could have heard it live

Post more if you got 'em
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 12:42 AM

i got tons of them,but only a few are about guitars.
http://spark.wm.llnw.net/a32/externa...hearsalsBB.wmv
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsdj5
i got tons of them,but only a few are about guitars.
http://spark.wm.llnw.net/a32/externa...hearsalsBB.wmv
Best cover tune they've done since "Low Rider"
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 06:45 AM

Hey those vids were cool. I like seeing those sorts of vids about their gear and their "tech talk". Just really interesting. I am not a huge Korn fan either really, but I really liked those!
Gary - The.Godfather
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan7620
no no, they love the album, it was just boring to play live cuz they felt it was more their job to get everyone pumped instead of just rock out. alot of korn fans didnt like untouchables, i think its their best work.
Yeah, I loved Untouchables when it came out, but after a while, I found myself listening to the first record and Follow the Leader a lot more. I saw them live in Dec 2002 in Montreal, and they only played like 3 songs off of Untouchables.

Those videos were cool! I love behind the scenes stuff like that..
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Re: Ibanez K14..

Wow I remember this post of mine!! lol, its been a while and I know so because those videos are new to me! haha, I love that kind of stuff, when the guitarists show their guitars etc, where can I get those videos in full length?? And anyone know of other videos in full length with KoRn I can get??

Tags
double neck , guitar mag

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode