Ibanez Kotzen "Horror" Graphics Guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez Kotzen "Horror" Graphics Guitar

Are there any makers out there that make a reproduction of Kotzen's Horror Graphics body? I'd love to get one of those and build a fun guitar around it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 01:11 PM

Re: Ibanez Kotzen "Horror" Graphics Guitar

Not commercially. You'll have to find a custom artist to do it for you or make your own.

I made these myself. Was hell finding all the original artwork, getting the details right, etc. I spent a lot of time watching Kotzen's instructional video, going through Japanese guitar mags for close-ups, etc. I think they turned out pretty good tho.

I'm still working on the neck-thru custom, but since I don't have a shop while I'm in Hawaii, it's gonna be a while..
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

TA do you have the graphic template for the one on the right?
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 03:42 PM

Awesome.. Year's ago that's what I wanted. Do you have the template like aformentioned that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Kind regards, great job.
Nelson
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

The guitar overall wouldn't be hard to put together, just getting the right graphic to put in a body's finish etc etc...tough part.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 08:05 PM

You're exactly right. The hard part is finding each one of the original pieces of art to use as a pattern. There's dozens of versions of each one of the horror posters on those guitars, and some of the RIGHT ones are pretty obscure. I didn't want to get close, I wanted it perfect. It took me a couple of months of searching, but I finally got all of them. It's pretty obvious comparing the original guitar to the movie posters that the artist likely used the posters, or reduced versions of them, as templates for his artwork. They overlay almost exactly. Anyway, it was like a damn treasure hunt. My final product was a result of about a month of photoshopping combined with physical airbrushing to make it look just right.

Guys, I'm not trying to be a tool or sound like some of the Area 51 swirlers, but with the amount of time and effort I put into making that graphic, I'm not really interested in just handing out copies of it. I'd be happy to give you advice and such on putting it together, but try to get it all together on your own if you want to make one. It's all out there in public domain, so I know you can find what you need.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 11:36 PM

The one on the right looks awesome!!! I have been a Kotzen fan a long time also, good to see you work TA. An rg 560 was the original model correct? Anyway, thanks for sharing
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 12:54 AM

Thanks! The one on the right was an RG570 (H-S-H).
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAorama View Post
Guys, I'm not trying to be a tool or sound like some of the Area 51 swirlers, but with the amount of time and effort I put into making that graphic, I'm not really interested in just handing out copies of it.
This is EXACTLY why succesful swirlers won't give away their information and to me, that argument is as valid as it comes.

Your graphic looks amazing! Maybe you can sell you huge amount of work to someone who is willing to pay for such a cool graphic?
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosa View Post
Maybe you can sell you huge amount of work to someone who is willing to pay for such a cool graphic?
They would have to be willing to pay A LOT.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 03:31 PM

100000 cents. LOL
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosa View Post
100000 cents. LOL
Double that in US cents and you got a deal.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 10:49 PM

Wow. The capitalism is rampant these days.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 11:13 PM

Yeah, people who work hard at something and then try to assign a value to their hard work are evil. EVIL.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 01:27 AM

Evil capitalist. More evil than capitalist, really, but I'll take it. Guilty as charged.

Tags
kotzen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode