Ibanez Losing Fans - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Dee

Re: Ibanez Losing Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmx23 View Post
The Ibanez dealer here told me the reason why they are bringing in loads of the MII and MIK stuff but very little MIJ stuff is because those they can barely move one MIJ Prestige per month.
No surprise there when the entire range looks like a rainy day outside...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
And I bet you're a tad bit tired of rainy days, eh

They haven't lost me. But then, I was a late bloomer. My first Ibanez was a 2000 vwh. I've never turned back since. I don't touch the old beloved strats that I grew up on anymore because to me (me), they simply fail in comparision.

Also, I agree that the 07' lineup is a definite improvement for the big "I"
post #48 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR570 View Post
Couldn't agree more.

General, rhetorical rant:-

I'm sure reissues of some of the classics (770DX,565,550), would waaayy outsell anything in the current Ibanez inventory, or maybe I'm deluded. Just look at the frenzy the 20ths have created, numerous 50+ page threads, can't see any of the current line up being received with such fervour. Just my 0.02.

Rant over, phew.
+1
i think they would too.

those of us buying the Prestiges and higher stuff are far out numbered by those buying the more affordable RG350 and similar models which probably have a higher profit margin than the Prestige (just an educated guess) so they will always offer more NON MIJ models.
let's hope some of these features that Ibanez is giving us this year (RG20th) make it into the standard production next year.
i commend them on having some of the more varied lines in comparison to others out there. i haven't heard about any other new exciting guitars so far from NAMM 2007.
my only complaints are pricing (that is a hard thing to complain about once you look at other manufacturers) and company politics: how they treat small Ibanez dealers. those are the dealers that helped make Ibanez what it is today when the big stores wouldn't touch them. now it's the other way around. i hope Ibanez doesn't become another Gibson with ridiculous "buy ins" for dealers making it tougher and tougher for the little stores to even carry their stuff but time will tell.
having region specific models sucks too (J C's, Limited models, ect). i should be able to walk into a dealer and easily order ANYTHING the make. why i can't currently do that is beyond me?
post #49 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
And I bet you're a tad bit tired of rainy days, eh

They haven't lost me. But then, I was a late bloomer. My first Ibanez was a 2000 vwh. I've never turned back since. I don't touch the old beloved strats that I grew up on anymore because to me me, they simply fail in comparision.

Also, I agree that the 07' lineup is a definite improvement for the big "I"
i'll leave out the "late bloomer" comment i wanted to leave...

+1
for the '07 line up. i would like to have seen some other new models (RGT, neck thru RGA, other colors for some of the current models) buti'll be patient and wait for next year. i am really digging the RG2610e - must.....fight ......GAS.........
post #50 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
It has a lot more to do with buying power than the lack of choices. In other larger parts of the world, the average man just do no not have the buying power of the average American.
post #51 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Dee

I wouldn't know, I'm English.
post #52 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 05:24 AM

i for one am happy to play a black guitar, as long as it's an ibanez.

but it does suck that my friend (who i finally converted into an ibanez fan) chose 3 different ibanez's in one shop before he picked one i didn't have.

if they made atleast 2 colours per model this wouldn't have happened
post #53 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 12:40 PM

I am pretty old schol in my Ibanez tastes (I'm 30), and I think there is alott to be said about some of the 2007 models. Especially the RG2610E- how could a single Hum guitar with an Flyod-style trem not be "old school"? That thing rocks.
post #54 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 01:07 PM

The 2007 lineup ain't bad. But there still isn't anything there that I'd personally want. Aside from the RG8427-BX and possibly a RG8470-BX(just to match my RG8670's), there's anothing else this year they have that really makes me want to buy anything. (Now a RG8570M in BX would kick @$$).
post #55 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen View Post
Especially the RG2610E- how could a single Hum guitar with an Flyod-style trem not be "old school"? That thing rocks.
+1! My only complaint is the color (why only black?).
BTW I would love to see a single humbucker 7 string in the future (or am I asking for too much?)!
post #56 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhea View Post
The color thing really confuses me. I am a huge Ibanez fan, but I also love and play Fender. Fender seems to be able to make a successful guitar line here in the USA (which undoubtedly has to be the most expensive place anywhere to make anything)... and yet, they are able to offer 4 or 5 different finishes on every guitar model with some of them being the more difficult and time consuming bursts. And most of these offerings are right at a street price of $1200 or less.

I just find it hard to believe that Ibanez can't paint some guitars a different color. Even if they paint 1 Desert Yellow for every 5 black there would still be something for us who like color to grab.

Ryan
I agree. People from the Ibanez world come in here or other places (and I read their quotes on here), and I just read excuses, excuses, excuses.

They can talk business and economics all they want - all I have to do is tell them to take a look at the Fender and Jackson line. Those companies don't seem to be making excuses for colors - because they're already doing it.

As another said in this topic, when I "convert" friends to Ibanez, the ability to get a new Ibanez without getting the same one as myself or someone else I know (or they know) is very difficult, especially when they're trying to go for the bare minimum of $750 to get a 1570...there's only two colors and I've never met anyone who says they liked the MR (or at least liked it more than the MB).
post #57 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 04:17 PM

It's not just color. It's lack of all options. Plus the quality is going downhill.

Though they do offer quite a bit at the entry level.

I just bought a Made in the USA Jackson because of these kind of issues.
post #58 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-man View Post
It's not just color. It's lack of all options. Plus the quality is going downhill.

Though they do offer quite a bit at the entry level.

I just bought a Made in the USA Jackson because of these kind of issues.
USA Jacksons almost have too many color choices. And their MIJ ones aren't too shabby in that department, either.
post #59 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Join the club. We don't understand it either. And I don't want anyone coming out with those dumb "it's not financially possible" kinda remarks, like they work for Ibanez. BS! Give us Desert Yellow, ya bastards!

Here Here!!!
post #60 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash View Post
1) We already talked about the lack of maple fretboards on the other post.

2) Lack of colors, stop spending time on stupid new body shapes and stick to making your bread and butter guitars better. If you have blue, red, white black, bodies on some guitars why not offer eack color on most the models. Now it's like, "Hope you like black because it's the only color you can get this in".

3) 20th Ann. model limited issue. Nuff said.

4) Crappy Indonesia models with crap trems, stop already. What's the point of 3 friggen trems. I'll bet the cost between a Edge III and Edge II is less the 10-20 dollars. Get rid of your crap trem, it just make people who happen to play one think Ibanez blows if they don't know about better models.

I love Ibanez but they need to get with it. Prices are going up as well. Focus on the RG/S series and offer options for eack model instead of the take it or leave it mentality.
1) I'm fine with this. I hate maple fretboards; they don't start to feel good until they've been played for a decade or two. Plus, I prefer the look of darker woods. I know some of you will disagree, but that's my personal preference.

2) Agree 100%. It seems like they forgot how to mix the primary colors.

3) They're special editions and reissues, of course they'll be in limited release. Sure, they could make more money by building more, but the point of them is that it's a special release and should have some exclusivity. Did people complain about the original JEM777 being limited to 777 pieces? Or the limited numbers on the 10th and 90th anniversary guitars?

4) Nothing wrong with making guitars at all price points. Not everyone can afford a Prestige model, and Ibanez's cheap models are a hell of a lot better than the competition.

Prices are going up, mainly because the value of the dollar is going down. While there are things I would change about their line, 2007 is a good step forward for them.

Tags
baritone guitar , body shape , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , edge trem , fixed bridge , fret board , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez rga , jeff loomis , locking stud , locking studs , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , neck thru , parker fly , peavey wolfgang , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , randy rhoads , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , sam ash , signature guitar , steve vai , thin wizard neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode