Ibanez Losing Fans - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 09:17 PM

Re: Ibanez Losing Fans

Ibanez DID give people DSY with the new 550s.

The wizard neck is the new DSY. Esp after these 550s come out and people play those necks.

Watch and see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Dee

I still want Desert Yellow to be brought back into the range, not just on a limited edition guitar.
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 10:44 PM

I think they are testing it out now with the 550.
post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 10:48 PM

if ibanez wants to please its customers it should give us all free 550 reissues! lol. no i think ibanez would be doing better if it kept its edge tremolo and lo pro standard instead of edge pro. it might cost more for production because of the rights to the patents but i would pay the extra money on a guitar for an edge or lo pro
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post
I think they are testing it out now with the 550.
hopefully because i want one so bad but there is no chance i can buy the limited onces
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
if ibanez wants to please its customers it should give us all free 550 reissues! lol. no i think ibanez would be doing better if it kept its edge tremolo and lo pro standard instead of edge pro. it might cost more for production because of the rights to the patents but i would pay the extra money on a guitar for an edge or lo pro
It wouldn't cost them A PENNY to use the Original Edge, because that patent rant out. It's their design, free and clear. It would cost them exactly the same amount of money ($14 each, I think) to use the Lo Pro instead of the ep. I'd gladly pay an extra $50-$100 per model for an Original Edge, or Lo Pro Edge.

It's too bad Ibanez couldn't change the current ep tremolo routes so that the Edge and Lo Pro Edge could be directly swapped in. That would be a solution that almost everyone would agree on. --Jason
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 11:04 PM

The current EdgePro with locking studs would be fine.
post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post
The current EdgePro with locking studs would be fine.
Even with locking studs, I want nothing to do with the ep. Been there, done that. If Ibanez could change the routes to accomodate ANY of the three tremolos, then everyone could decide for themselves which tremolo they wanted on their guitar. I really don't care either way. All I really want is a nice MIJ RG hardtail. --Jason
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:43 AM

What about that Matt whatshisface model? It even has a wizard I neck.

Tags
baritone guitar , body shape , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , edge trem , fixed bridge , fret board , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez rga , jeff loomis , locking stud , locking studs , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , neck thru , parker fly , peavey wolfgang , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , randy rhoads , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , sam ash , signature guitar , steve vai , thin wizard neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode