Ibanez MMM1 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez MMM1

I might be picking one of these up on another forum. (trade for a schecter black jack atx) I played one years back and dont remember much. Any videos of them/sound clips/comments? utube didnt have much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Re: Ibanez MMM1

23 views and no one has any info?!? WTF?!?!?!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 12:37 AM

calm down, im sure someone will help ya out. This forum has thousands of members. 23 views on your topic is absolutely nothing. And half of them , like me , probably clicked to find out what an ibanez MMM1 was, lol.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:57 AM

Talking Re: Ibanez MMM1

I clicked to see what it was as well...is it a Mike Mushok? Im sure someone will ring in as soon as they can. I just traded for an Ibanez that I never played or new a whole lot about either....( its an RGA Prestige 121 VLF 2005 with Joe/Moejoe pups) first time in my life doin that....hope it works out well for you (and me too) let us know with pics when you get her ( if you do )
Chris

maybe she can tie you over till someone gets you your info....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:34 PM

Reviews: 120

I don't think many people (at least on this forum) have had much of an interest in them/own them. Good luck on your search though.

I am surprised that after playing one years back that you don't remember much about it. I think if it were a guitar that you really liked you would remember a bit about it like how it played. I'd probably take it as if you don't remember much then it probably didn't suit you very much.

Just a thought. YMMV
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Banned

From a review, thought this was a funny assessment.
Quote:
The massive feel of the MMM1 lets you know that you are dealing with a serious piece of equipment.
More reviews here:
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/r...+Baritone/10/1

Quote:
Honestly, this guitar is nice but it's not spectacular. First off, it does not have an "oil" finish...it is a sprayed on "coating" and it isn't very durable. If your pick hits the body a few good times, you end up with marks that indent the wood
Not sure if that helps, but there ya go. No charge.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 03:08 AM

"First off, it does not have an "oil" finish...it is a sprayed on "coating" and it isn't very durable. If your pick hits the body a few good times, you end up with marks that indent the wood"

whoever wrote this, is an idiot, to say the least. first off, the MMM1 DOES have an oil treatment, not sprayed anything, and being so, it will surely indent when hit with something stiff. it's un-finished wood.

i tried a MMM1 years ago, it is radically different from the standard Ibanez guitar. i was pretty much impressed by the guttural sound it delivers. the pickups [the almighty Ibanez Custom Super58] are simply great, and deal low freqs perfectly, as they aren't meant to deliver super high output. if you want a wall of sound, you'll get it from the guitar itself, as it's a baritone (heavy gauge strings, low-tuning). fretwork is accurate, and the bridge is the most massive and heavyweight ever made by Ibanez (Gibraltar Custom). i can tell you, while i played it, i got what they meant "gargantuan tone". great axe.

i took some pics that you can see HERE
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 06:00 AM

I like it, not sure how versatile it might be, but for chuggin away low notes it seems perfect

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode