Ibanez MTM2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez MTM2

Man Ibanez really screwed this 1 up. I judt cant see why they dont bring out a decent mick thopmson sig model. I mean v 8 pickups...what happened to the EMG's. And is doesnt even have neck thu. Man i was looking forward to the releaseof the MTM2 but this time i am very dissapionted Ibanez.

What are your Views?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 04:34 PM

Re: Ibanez MTM2

Yeah but, this is the "affordable" model.
Features such as EMG's and Neck-Thru would make this guitar expensive, or more precisely, the same price as the MTM1. Which isn't what this guitar is about.

This is probably my favourite model there looks-wise, but thats just because it suits my personal taste. It has all the features I want. And its a bolt-on, which I actually prefer vastly. At the "affordable" price it costs, when I get mine I will just switch the pickups anyway.

But I see what your saying though.
Why don't they offer this model with EMG's, Neck-Thru, and at the same (more expensive) price as the MTM1. I think Ibanez will probably do this eventually.

I think the MTM2 is a cracker for the price though, and perfect what I want/need, but thats just IMO.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

oh yea its definately affordable and i'm not saying that its bad, all that im saying is that why dont they make his signatures as good as lets say a jem?
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 05:24 PM

Bbecause he's not Vai I guess.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 05:35 PM

I personally love the new MTM2. I wanted a MTM1, but could not justify paying the $1299 for an indonesian made guitar when I can get a nice Japanese made Ibby for the same price or less.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
oh yea its definately affordable and i'm not saying that its bad, all that im saying is that why dont they make his signatures as good as lets say a jem?
"good" is a highly relative term; what's perfect for one player is all wrong for another.

The MTM1 is Mick's main stage guitar. I was talking to him about it a few years ago, and he said it's far and away superior to the $5000 Warlocks he'd been getting from BC Rich. Sure, his personal ones are probably made in Japan, but the Korean-made production model is built to the same spec with the same parts. The MTM2 shares the look, but more people can afford it.

Mick has one or two custom RGs with the standard headstock and his old "HATE" inlay. It would be nice if Ibanez would produce that.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_76 View Post
I personally love the new MTM2. I wanted a MTM1, but could not justify paying the $1299 for an indonesian made guitar when I can get a nice Japanese made Ibby for the same price or less.
It's Korean, and sure you can get a MIJ, but it sure won't come with FX edge, necktrough, and EMGs
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

But u gotta admit that the MBM 1 is a wikid guitar soo nice
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 02:46 AM

I will say the MTM1 was the best korean made guitar I have ever played, rivals the RGT220 in playability IMO
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 03:05 PM

i think i gonna get mtm2 as option for my 6 string to get list(which i dont play it much in band) is it better than cort EVL k6???

anyone knows the price for mtm2???
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Man Ibanez really screwed this 1 up. I judt cant see why they dont bring out a decent mick thopmson sig model. I mean v 8 pickups...what happened to the EMG's. And is doesnt even have neck thu. Man i was looking forward to the releaseof the MTM2 but this time i am very dissapionted Ibanez.

What are your Views?
My view is that you have a fckin awful view and are shouting your mouth off like a right spoilt brat. Wtf do you want from Ibanez???? If they upgraded this and added EMGs etc, the price would shoot up. And then you'd be on here whining and bitching about the price. Neck thru would add loads to the cost as well. If you're bothered about those, get the MTM1.

Basically, all you're asking for is a MTM1 at about $400. Stupid. There's no way you'll get a guitar like that for peanuts. HOW the feck were you disappointed!?!?! You expected EMGs and a neck thru.....??? Surely thats just the MTM1? But of course, you were just expecting it cheaper. What on earth do you expect, Ibanez to give away guitars? My guess is that you're 16 and just whining because you can't afford an MTM.

And why don't they make them like a JEM??? Because that's what JEMs are for. So you want Ibanez to just release a JEM at a silly price just so you can afford one, and then bitch about it cause they don't. Grow up.

Personally, I think the MTM2 is fantastic. WHAT a guitar for the money; everything I could possibly want from an Ibanez. That's my dream custom, right there, if it had EMGs and a neck thru. But I hate the inlay on the MTM1, so no thanks.

WELL DONE IBANEZ!!!!
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
My view is that you have a fckin awful view and are shouting your mouth off like a right spoilt brat. Wtf do you want from Ibanez???? If they upgraded this and added EMGs etc, the price would shoot up. And then you'd be on here whining and bitching about the price. Neck thru would add loads to the cost as well. If you're bothered about those, get the MTM1.

Basically, all you're asking for is a MTM1 at about $400. Stupid. There's no way you'll get a guitar like that for peanuts. HOW the feck were you disappointed!?!?! You expected EMGs and a neck thru.....??? Surely thats just the MTM1? But of course, you were just expecting it cheaper. What on earth do you expect, Ibanez to give away guitars? My guess is that you're 16 and just whining because you can't afford an MTM.

And why don't they make them like a JEM??? Because that's what JEMs are for. So you want Ibanez to just release a JEM at a silly price just so you can afford one, and then bitch about it cause they don't. Grow up.

Personally, I think the MTM2 is fantastic. WHAT a guitar for the money; everything I could possibly want from an Ibanez. That's my dream custom, right there, if it had EMGs and a neck thru. But I hate the inlay on the MTM1, so no thanks.

WELL DONE IBANEZ!!!!
OKOK i can see that you have the totally wrong impression of me. UNderstand this. Money is no object for me. I have 3 guitars each of which range from £1200 to £2000. And i have an amp which cost me £2000. And buy the way my parents did NOT buy me this equipment, i worked bloody hard for this. All my evenings and weekends were taken up working. I do not come from a rich family. So buying an MTM would have been no problem. In fact i was considering buying one but i decided not to because i didnt like the inlay, just like you.
I'm just saying that all i want from Ibanez is a fixed bridge guitar with a wizard neck thru with EMG's MIJ. OK and Ibanez could have made a good deal with this but they messed it up. Thats all i'm saying. So dont you dare judge me again just because i am 16.

Good Bye
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
OKOK i can see that you have the totally wrong impression of me. UNderstand this. Money is no object for me. I have 3 guitars each of which range from £1200 to £2000. And i have an amp which cost me £2000. And buy the way my parents did NOT buy me this equipment, i worked bloody hard for this. All my evenings and weekends were taken up working. I do not come from a rich family. So buying an MTM would have been no problem. In fact i was considering buying one but i decided not to because i didnt like the inlay, just like you.
I'm just saying that all i want from Ibanez is a fixed bridge guitar with a wizard neck thru with EMG's MIJ. OK and Ibanez could have made a good deal with this but they messed it up. Thats all i'm saying. So dont you dare judge me again just because i am 16.

Good Bye
Dude, I'm not judging you because you're 16. I'm only 18.

But what the hell do you want from this model!?!?!?! You expect them to put EMGs and a neck thru on for under $600???? Come on man, you know Ibanez. If you're gonna slag stuff off, back up your arguments man.

Btw, you have to tell me what job you have! 3 guitars, lets say two at £1200 and one at £2000. Plus the amp. That's £6400. And you're 16, so you can't legall yhave been working for even a year. 11 months tops. So that's £600 a month. A good 16 year old, part time wage here is about £5/hr. That's 120 hours a month. 30 hours a week. You go to school because it's still compulsory. So you can't have a full time job.

So let me get this straight. This is being generous and assuming you're 16 and 11 months by the way, and calculated using the minimum possible amount spent on guitars. I'm working full time at the moment on my gap year and I only have 37.5 hours a week in my main job, usually working around 48-50 with all my 4 jobs. You've worked 30 hours a week for the last 11 months, as well as 35 hours a week at school (8.30-3.30 x5), thus equalling a 65 hour week, every week for 11 months. At 16 years old.

Hmm..............
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

ok ok ok i lied i only have an RGA321 w EMG's and an ENGL powerball with ENGL 4x12 cabinet. BUt still the whole thing cost me about £3000. And i have been saving for 3 years as well as the job. OK i'm sorry for lying i just wanted to prove a point and failed. But i was only trying to express my opinion. Sorry if i insulted you.

Last edited by dan321; 01-24-2007 at 05:55 PM.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

lol by the way we live pretty close i live in gravesend , Kent..

Where abouts d ya live in essex?

Tags
custom inlays , engl powerball , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge ibanez , flame maple , neck thru , production model , reverse headstock , versatile amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode