Ibanez pl1770 pro gold worth? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez pl1770 pro gold worth?

Hi there fellow Ibby lovers.

I came across a very nice Pro Line 1770 pro in gold finish. Guitar is completely stock except for the screws in the locking nut. Electronics work perfectly. Finisch in very good condition, as are the frets. Comes without the hardshell case.

I'm trying to find the going price for a used PL1770, but I can't seem to find what they should be worth.
The owner is willing to trade is for one of my Charvels, a SuperStock SD-1 in orange sparkle.

What would you guys say, is that a good trade?
Hope you guys can help me out.

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 07:18 AM

Re: Ibanez pl1770 pro gold worth?

I wouldn't, but I like Charvels so if you're not getting along with yours then maybe it is worth the trade. I seriously doubt that the PL1770 is a better guitar irrespective of condition, it's just a lot older.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 08:26 AM

Hard to say what one is worth, but they go pretty high typically if they are in good shape. With that particular guitar you get the best of both worlds... the superb Roadstar neck and original Edge tremolo. The craftsmanship on those guitars is just fantastic. I have two old Roadstar II guitars and they play awesome, but if I were you I'd try it out before doing anything. You know how it is... 10 minutes of playing it and you'll know if it's a good deal or not! I love Charvels too and I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I've always wanted a Pro Line and like the feel of those old Roadstar necks.
FireEagle is online  
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I'm a big Charvel enthousiast. But the feel of the SD-1 isn't that good. A have a Wildcard 7 which plays a lot better. But I notice it's hard to give a good estimate on the price of a PL1770. From what I've read about them, I should like them a lot, but I've never come across one before.
But when I read your reactions, a trade isn't that crazy value wise.

Tags
pro line pl 1770 pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in