Ibanez PowerSound pickups - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez PowerSound pickups

Hi folks!

Anybody knows what type is Ibanez PowerSound pickups? Is it alnico or ceramic? Is it hi output or lower output type?

thanks,
Oly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 08:20 PM

Re: Ibanez PowerSound pickups

I believe it is ceramic.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 12:04 AM

i think it's ceramic too, and it's high output only with NO character.
my opinion, it's a piece of crap.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

tnx guys

****... these pickups is on Ibanez grg270 what's i planning to buy...

Do you have suggestions what's is good pickups for basswood guitar body, to obtain heavy screaming sound like Steve Vai, but and good rich clean sound, like Gibson?

What you think about DiMarzio Evolution series....or maybe other brand like seymour dancan?

Oly
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 08:07 AM

Try a D-sonic, sound fantastic on basswood.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 10:53 AM

or super 3. powersounds are crap. i have pulled out so many powersounds, that i just gave them away to a guitar shop just so they wouldn't clutter up my parts bin. since then i still have a few due to continually pulling them.

rich
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 12:39 PM

Get a Steve's Special, i got one in my 170, and that thing screams!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 08:08 PM

Try a Dimarzio breed, it should work nicely.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Thanx guys so much...
So, what you think about Ibanez grg270b with evo (neck), blue velvet (mid) and evo2 on bridge. I get it on test from my friend. Hi sell it for about 450usd (320eur). Guitar is old ~3 months and works very good. It's good price/quality?

Oly

p.s. Anybody knows how I can attach picture of guitar on this forum? In faq i have read about it, but can't see [Manage Attachments] button anywhere?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 05:39 PM

it's all a matter of taste, but i agree, the powersound pickups are definitely the lowest quality pickups ibanez makes. however, i'd like to ask how long you've been playing? the grg series is pretty much entry level. if that's where you are in your playing, then it's all good because you probably won't notice much of a difference (at least until you get better). if you are an intermediate or advanced player, then i'd say look for a different guitar. build quality and materials on the grgs are quite poor, but decent for entry level players.

that being said, 450USD sounds outrageous, especially used. i'd offer him $150, and most of that is due to the upgraded pickups. no more than $200
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastachild View Post
it's all a matter of taste, but i agree, the powersound pickups are definitely the lowest quality pickups ibanez makes. however, i'd like to ask how long you've been playing? the grg series is pretty much entry level. if that's where you are in your playing, then it's all good because you probably won't notice much of a difference (at least until you get better). if you are an intermediate or advanced player, then i'd say look for a different guitar. build quality and materials on the grgs are quite poor, but decent for entry level players.

that being said, 450USD sounds outrageous, especially used. i'd offer him $150, and most of that is due to the upgraded pickups. no more than $200
Hi friend!
I have play guitar since 1979... But no profy and with long pauses. I already have old Gibson SG standard. My daughter want to learn heavy metal style of playing el. guitar. She already playing piano. So I want to purchase good enough guitar with tremolo (vibrato) for that's games, for she and of course for me.

grg seems to me very good in my arms. Maybe only little drawback for me is harder tension of string (larger neck scale from Gibson), but I know, it's just rote.

Yes, You are right, it's higher price, but guitar and pickups is almost new. All of this cost $20-30 less then at shop. Unfortunately, prices in Europe is distinctively higher then in US.

Thanks a lot for your replay and sorry for bad english...
Oly
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 11:55 AM

I must have got lucky with my 2004 RG321 because the Powersounds in that are alright, neck pickup is a little thin though and doesn't sing well. Good clean sounds though. However since my guitar needs a pot and jack replacement I'll probably replace the pickups anyway.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 04:15 AM

Can you provide some wiring diagram for PSND1 pu? I would like to make a combination
neck: PSND1 pu
bridge: Seymor Duncan SH-8 Invader
3-way switch

But I just can''t get proper wiring. PSND1 has three wires coming out of it red, white and black, following Seymor Duncan wiring I can't figure out where to solder these three PSND1 wires. Can anyone help me?
Thank you

Tags
basswood guitar , dimarzio breed , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , guitar body , guitar shop , heavy metal , neck pickup , neck scale , powersound pickups , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in