Ibanez Prestige Rgt3020 Fm Neck-thru - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Talking Ibanez Prestige Rgt3020 Fm Neck-thru

HI GUYS/GALS.

I USUALLY HANG OUT ON THE DEAN FORUM AS I AM ONE OF THEIR ARTISTS.

http://www.deanguitars.com/randydavis.php

I JUST PURCHASED THE GUITAR MENTIONED ABOVE. I DID SOME RESEARCH ON IT AND FOUND IT TO BE A REAL SHREDDER SO I'M VENTURING OUTSIDE THE DEAN WALL...(SHHHHH...DON'T TELL 'EM!!) LOL....

I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE THE IBANEZ EXPERTS HERE AND WOULD LOVE SOME FEEDBACK ON THIS BEAUTIFUL GUITAR I AM ABOUT TO RECIEVE!!

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT

Last edited by BUCKETASS; 05-25-2006 at 09:04 PM. Reason: PIC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 09:26 PM

Re: Ibanez Prestige Rgt3020 Fm Neck-thru

hey randy , you'll find anything and everything you need about any ibanez from the people here, although there isn't as many boobs and cutting up .

if you have played a presitge before and like them then you'll certainly like this one , neck is really nice and the upper frets are so easy to get to . you'll see why i and otheres want more 24 fret dean Vs .
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 05:47 AM

ur dean explorer is legendery
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 09:23 AM

Everyone loves capitals! ...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 10:15 AM

ive had mine for about 2 years now and love the thing to death. I dont know if its just mine or I just got a really solid guitar, but the monster is 11 pounds. Built like a tank Its really hard to capture a nice shot of the flame with my cell cam, but here are a few pics ....you get the idea

oo

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 10:26 AM

RGT3020 is a great guitar, very solid. The one I played was blue and had quilted maple top but otherwise I believe it's similar to FM model. Best thing was its sounds, it didn't sound as heavy as RG3120 which had Tone Zone in the bridge but it sounded little bit more ''vintage''. Extremely sweet sounds and suited well for many different music styles. Truly a shredders dream guitar, although I didn't like it's neck finish. Felt kinda sticky but the neck shape was good.

Last edited by shredfreak; 05-26-2006 at 10:36 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 01:45 AM

Randy, welcome aboard from another recent cross over.

I've been playing BCR Customs faithfully for years and just picked up an RGT320Q and I can't believe how amazing it feels. The guitar is very comfortable and the action and fretwork is incredible. You're likely to have to change the pick-ups since the stock p/u's in my opinion are too dry. I put in a Dimarzio ToneZone and AirNorton and there's no looking back! Although, the look isn't as brutal as the BCR's this guitar is hands down a better shredder and playing comes before looks for me.

Tags
beautiful guitar , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tonezone , neck finish , neck shape , quilted maple , tone zone , upper fret , upper frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode