Ibanez Prototype S1070PBZ - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

3Likes
  • 3 Post By Joshtsavo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez Prototype S1070PBZ

Wanted to see what you guys think. New Guitar day for me was a couple months back, just now registering to the site.

I was able to grab this from a seller in the Netherlands and fell in love with the look of it. Astounded actually the premium plant didn't decide to make these guitars. I know they made the RG version with Cerulean Burst, but on an S it's just killer.

From what I know only one in the world.

It fits nicely alongside my S6UC and my S5521Q.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (51.9 KB, 112 views)
jazzedout, Agent540 and Ludgate like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 10:20 PM

Re: Ibanez Prototype S1070PBZ

Looks fantastic!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks man, i'm so stoked to have found this. Been Ibanez since day 1 and owning a 1 of a kind Ibanez never even crossed my mind.

They pulled out all the stops with this guitar and it's incredible. I do wish it had a LoPro instead of the Edge II but honestly the Edge II has been holding tune perfectly so I can't really complain.

Going to finish it off soon with some Bareknuckle Warpigs and this thing will be a beast.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 12:24 AM

Wow. Nice find!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 11:31 PM

Wow, congrats! We need more pictures!

EDIT: I found the listing on Reverb.com, looks absolutely beautiful.

Last edited by Ludgate; 11-04-2017 at 12:39 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Cool man, seems adding more pics on here is hard to do. But yeah, bolt-on, stainless frets, luminlay dots, they went all out on this thing.

I'm a DIE-HARD S series fan, nothing plays like them to me, so finding this was a dream come true. Beautiful instrument, close to on par with my S6UC.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 05:49 AM

Not sure how I missed this one. Wow! What a guitar!

I started out as an RG man but have gravitated towards the S series, I prefer the chunkier neck and thin body shape, plus the tone is punchier IMO.

Beautiful finish, congratulations, enjoy.

'87
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder87 View Post
Not sure how I missed this one. Wow! What a guitar!

I started out as an RG man but have gravitated towards the S series, I prefer the chunkier neck and thin body shape, plus the tone is punchier IMO.

Beautiful finish, congratulations, enjoy.

'87
I was the same way, originally started as an RG lover, but the first time I played on a S series I was done. Love the lightweight yet sturdy feel of them, they just play better than any other guitar i've ever played.
I saw this pop up on Reverb out of nowhere and knew I had to have it, moved some money around and snagged it before anyone else could. lol
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 08:44 AM

I still love the RG but just love the feel of the S. I have an S1XXV, a guitar that has had mixed reviews and opinions, however something about it just makes me want to play it more and more. The neck feels great to play, the body is so comfortable and the tone is great, very resonant and punchy, the stock INF pups sound better than the DiMarzio/IBZs on my RG IMO, although it could be the fact that they are direct mount and that the S is mahogany (best body material IMO). Plus its bright green..! Indo quality has its detractors (and I have heard of a number of substandard Premiums including S1XXVs) however mine is flawless.

Lovely guitars.

'87
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

I've had kindof a GAS for one of the S1XXV guitars. How is the build quality on those? I've never gotten the chance to see or play one. I really dig the bright colors and the matching fret markers.

I've got an S5521Q, an S6UC, and this one. The premium is up to par with the S6UC I think, the S6 may play just a bit smoother but that's probably due to the neck.

The premium neck has more of a C shape, and is the 11 piece Wenge/Bubinga/Purpleheart combo. It's truly beautiful and a lot of fun to play, just different. The premium plant knocked this particular one out of the park, i've seen others from the premium plant with piss poor tops, only having a tiny bit of burl visible at the bottom, or tool marks in the fret work. Mine has none of that thank god.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 09:22 AM

I think the key to the Indo stuff is getting a good one. Having a good look around and trying different ones. Find a good one and stick with it...

Personally I think the S1XXV is a great guitar, no issues with the quality at all. It came as new with a good setup, finish is completely flawless, neck unwarped, fretboard and fretwork immaculate, the only thing I had to do was tighten up the nut (probably to do with it migrating to the far North of Scotland and our "unique" climate here changing the wood). I was surprised to hear of some negative reviews but maybe I just got a good one!

I'll admit it was the colour that first attracted me to it, however upon actually trying it I was hooked straight away. It just suits me to a T, we all find a guitar that's like that. It's definately my desert island guitar.

'87

Tags
ibanez , premium , prestige , prototype

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode