Ibanez RBM series - Is this a forbidden subject...lol - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RBM series - Is this a forbidden subject...lol

Just wondering why I cant seem to find any discussions on the RBM series on this site. *Anyone have a nice RBM 2 theyd like to part with BTW?
Thanks,
Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 11:48 PM

Ibanez RBM series

Cuz it's JEMsite not REBsite LOL, no, j/k man, they are great guitars, I'd love a Koa model big time!!!! you see the odd thing here, just not to often. *Not sure why really, prolly partly cuz it is JEMsite, but they are sweet sweet guitars.
Good luck on your quest

Jeremy
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 05:23 PM

Ibanez RBM series

There's an RBM on ebay as we speak:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1462851053
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RBM series

Thanx for the tip....I am looking for the Koa natural top with the EMGs...I do see the painted ones fairly frequently on ebay. *One went for 300 last week shipped and all.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 09:46 PM

Ibanez RBM series

$750 for an RG with a notch cut in the end?!? I used to own one of these guitars, and tho' they are very cool, RBM 1's aren't even remotely worth that! Try $400...

I too would love to get an RBM 2, but good ones don't seem to come available too often and when they do they're pretty pricey... They're nice guitars but the necks are a little different and the frets are quite low and fat - kind of an acquired taste...
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RBM series

I agree whole heartedly...Jimi D
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 02:47 AM

Ibanez RBM series

There's a brand new one at the store here in Singapore for sale... It's the high end model with the natural finish and bladed pickups... (weird huh? guess Ol' Reb didn't like DiMarzios with pole pieces)

Great axe... amazing tone, and playability... reminds me of the JEM actually... Just didn't like the idea that it doesn't have a tone knob...

So if you want it, you can fly down here to buy it... I can set you up... It's still at the store! :biggrin:
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 08:25 AM

Ibanez RBM series

Actually, the natural finish models with the blade pups (and not EMGs) are not the RBM2 (the "high end" one). *It will either be an RBM 400 (Japan, Edge) or an RBM 10 (Korea, TRS). The 400 isn't a bad guitar, but no better than the RBM 1 (RG500 quality). I've played the RBM 10 and thought it was cheap...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 10:41 PM

Ibanez RBM series

Quote:
Quote: from Jimi D on 8:25 am on Sep. 18, 2001
Actually, the natural finish models with the blade pups (and not EMGs) are not the RBM2 (the "high end" one).
It's not??? I mean, the only one with EMGs I found so far is the with the ugly explorer like design...
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez RBM series

Yep....Jimi D is right the RBM2 was the highest line they made of that one and it is emg loaded with a koa top on mahogany body...not all mohogany like the 400...I wouldnt mind having a 400 either...Ive got plenty o emgs layin around...
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 06:28 AM

Ibanez RBM series

Jimi D,

you said that the RBM is an RG w/ notch cut in the end:
so, why nobody says that the Jem is an RG w/ a monkey grip (but priced twice), or the Universe an RG w/ an added string on?

RBM is NOT an RG, since it has a COMPLETELY different circuitry, not to mention its pick-ups, whatever EMGs or blade type, also the neck size, the frets size, the playability, the weight balance etc.

Anyway, I think the RBM is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen.

nuno
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 08:30 AM

Ibanez RBM series

nuno ~ How many RBMs have you owned?

The RBM 1 is not exactly an RG with the end cut away, as there are other subtle differences to the body shape, and the neck with those low/wide frets is quite different, BUT as far as quality is concerned, an RBM1 is no better than an RG550. Period. It sure isn't "worth" $750US!! *

And for what it's worth, I and most of the people I know who have an opinion on the subject feel the pickups in the RBM1 were it's weakest point (okay, one of my friends really liked the dual rail in the neck position) - I much prefer the stock pickups in older RG550s...

The only RBM model that's even remotely in league with a Jem is the RBM2 - and it is a very different beast than it's siblings - a far superior guitar. I'd still like to find one of those....
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 10:17 AM

Ibanez RBM series

I completely agree with Jimi D. *I've owned 2 RMB2's over the last few years (#90 and #182). *Great guitars, but I just couldn't come to like the EMG's. *They really sounded flat and didn't do the guitar justice. *But, I couldn't bring myself to change them out, since they've become somewhat collectable. *I loved the neck-nothing like a solid piece of unfinished rosewood! *The body was quite comfortable as well, but seemed somewhat unbalanced when standing with a strap. *Great guitars if you can find them! *My last one went to a guy in Holland who is a HUGE Reb Beach fan...he's got an RBM1 and an RBM400OL as well. *I've got a feeling he never even touches the other two now that he's got the REAL thing!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 02:57 AM

Ibanez RBM series

Jimi D,

I totally agree what you replied, cause you said the same thing I said first!
I DIDN'T say that the RBM is better than an RG: I only said that the RBM is NOT an RG with a notch cut in the end, as you said before!
I also agree that isn't worth $750US!!! You're damn right!

As far as you care, I own both an RBM100 (IBZ/USA) and an RG550 (V7/V, and I don't know which one is better: they're too much different!

nuno
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2001, 12:34 AM

Ibanez RBM series

I own an RBM1 already and found the RBM2 today, #55 is being shipped out to me on monday morning. I have wanted the one with a Koa top ever since i bought my black one used back in 1993. Im not a fan of EMG's so they will prolly get replaced but other then that im finally gettin a guitar i have wanted for years!

Tags
beautiful guitar , body shape , mahogany body , monkey grip , neck position

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode