Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez RBM2 Questions - How many were signed & #d?

Tags
ibanez rbm
3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jimi D 
#1 ·
Hello!

I've got an Ibanez RBM2 and just wondered if anybody knew A) How many were originally signed and numbered by Reb? and B) what color was the marker that they were singed in?

I've heard that there were anywhere from 150 to 350 signed and numbered.  Mine is one of them, but the signature is faded and I wondered what color it's supposed to be-silver or white?  Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris  :)

#2 ·
Ibanez RBM2 Questions

To let you know, there were 300 signed by Reb Beach.... they were all signed in a silver marker, a problem they didn't take in to consideration was they would rub off like yours.........My guitar instructor at the time had one and unfortunately had it stolen when they were playing on the road.........He was fortunate to have it replaced.......with the same model and setup......by a close friend with alot of pull.....but his was custom, like our Jem's have Jem written in script on the headstock, this one had his name factory written on the headstock, and Reb Beach signed it also on the back with the note( I think this is word for word)......."Billy you have a hell of a guitar here, hang on to this one"........Now that was a Christmas gift.
Thought this might help you out.....

And if anyone has any idea where I could get my hands on one of those Reb Beach model made with the exotic woods....let me know

#3 ·
Ibanez RBM2 Questions

hey!

Thanks for the info man! I've had two of the RBM2's-the first one I didn't care for at all (I think it actually showed back up on EBay a week ago from the guy I sold it to!)
But, the one I've got now is perfect-even has a flamed Koa top! They do show up on EBay every once in awhile though.

Thanks again,
Chris

#4 ·
Ibanez RBM2 Questions

Ive got a Reb Beach Ibanez and the only thing i have been able to find out is that it is a 91 Model built at the Fujigen plant from the serial number. It has a black finish with out all the gold hardware or the pickguard. Can someone help me find out more history on this guitar and what it might be worth today?

#5 ·
Ibanez RBM2 Questions

That's a first year RBM 1 - they look awfully plain to me without the gold hardware and cool slash pickguard. The pickups were awful! - an HB2 and a couple SB1s, iirc... They're probably worth about the same as an RG550 from the early '90s. They're not collectible or anything that I know - as far as how they compare to an RBM 2, they're kinda like a Jem 555, only made in Japan. Without the gold hardware and EMGs, they won't satisfy anyone jonesing for a real Reb Beach Model, imho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.