ibanez reb beach signature guitar? - ? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

ibanez reb beach signature guitar? - ?

sorry if this is in the wrong section but has anyone played one of these guitars? how do they play compared to a jem? what kind of pickups were in them? how much were they new? where were they made? thanks for any help--------nathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 12:40 PM

ibanez reb beach signature guitar?

There were a few different models. *I believe that the RBM series was produced from '92-94 or so (might be a year off though). *I've had (2) of the higher-end RMB2NT's, and they were pretty cool guitars. *Not really much of a comparison to any JEM though- only a 22-fret neck, rounder radius (kind of Strat-like), GREAT neck though! *Solid Rosewood and smooth as can be. *The stock pickups were EMG's, which were pretty sterile sounding. *Kinda of made having a mahogany body and a nice flamed Koa top pointless. *

I haven't experience the lower-end models, but I'd imagine that they probably played roughly the same as any RG5XX series from the same time period. *
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2002, 03:31 AM

i've got a RBM10, on which i immediately replaced the TRS with an Edge instead, of course.
i had to say that the RBM is totally different from an RG (i've got a 550 and a 560 as well):

- the neck is totally different, donno where and how, but it's a ******* great neck
- the pick-ups sound waaay too low, middish and piano-ish than any V1/V2-V7/V8 and like
- the sustain is kinda endless
- the tone is pretty thick and fleshy
- the sound is great, thick yet very smooth and 'elegant' on clean, and thick, angry and full of harmonics on distortion
- the balance is perfect, though the lack of wood behind the bridge
- the overall comf/playing/feeling is perfect

if you add the look to all this, you got an RBM10, go figure an high-end one...
btw, the fingerboard on the RBM10 is absolutely flat as on an RG, not rounded as on high-end RBMs, as Vaijem777 stated.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 06:38 PM

Hi,

I have a RBM 1 which was the very first production model and comes with an Edge trem and Fujiken factory construction in Japan not Korea. I would rank it with my Jem because it truly is a fantastic guitar. The body is mahogany but extremely light in weight due to the cutout. I have a Seymour Duncan in the bridge and the stock hot rails in the neck and middle. I don't have any problem with teh stock pickups, they sound fantastic its just that I bought the guitar used with the seymour.

Well worth checking out.

Please mail me with any other questions

Col
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 06:17 AM

RBM

I have a Japanese RBM1. It plays easier than my Jems (I have two) and seems to have better sustain and attack. I dont play it as much as my Jems though because it's actually too easy to play. If you are a tapper or want that cheesy (and I use the term affectionately) 80's metal sound they can't be beat. E-mail me if you need further since I own both.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 05:47 PM

just sold a 92 rbm1 to get my rgt3120, and am kinda sorry i did. although the rgt is the new workhorse. the rbm had a really cool vibe to it. after a great setup(by me) it was the BEST player in my collecting and had the most agressive tone. i couldn't keep it anymore due to the fact that i never played it. it was more for collecting to me. weird, huh? rgt3120 as a player and rbm1 as a collector! back-ass-wards! anyway, those things are shred machines!!! the rbm1, rbm2(which is too gorgeous), and the rbm400 are great. the rbm10 is not in the same rank, but don't get me wrong...one day i will have an rbm10. pull them trem and replace w/ a FRO, drop emgs in it and pay massive tribute to reb beach with no guilt.

rich

Tags
edge trem , fret neck , mahogany body , production model , seymour duncan , shred machine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode