Ibanez reissue model rumors... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez reissue model rumors...

Looks like Ibanez will make a limited batch of RG770s and I've seen some talk about Ibanez re-issuing RG565s. I hope this is true! An rg565 with AANJ and white color w. matching headstock would sell like mofo, me thinks.

Check this UK musicshop's website:

http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_RG770DXRR.html

Anyone heard more about this? Could it be that Ibanez will be making somekind of a "guitar of the month" thingie? According to this text on the previous link it might be true: *Available October 08 only 25 in UK!*

-Jaakko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:20 AM

Reviews: 21
Re: Ibanez reissue model rumors...

Ibanez has taken a page out of Lucasfilm's book in regards to keeping production secrets if you ask me.
Or maybe that's just the Internet for 'ya!
Maybe a clever mind can socially engineer the info out of people in the know, like Jay13 or Rich. LOL!
I really like the idea of a RG770DX in red; new! I might have to sell spare organs to get that.
post #3 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:02 AM

Reviews: 3

There's another thread floating around here discussing the 770 re-issue.

Man would I LOVE to see a 565 re-issue. Even the 565 Prototype.
post #4 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:14 AM

Wow... that would be butt kickin...

grüße
post #5 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:52 AM

I get the impression that RG-770DX is actually the reissue that is coming out. I think they put that page up before Ibanez even announced they were doing a reissue, so they probably just left it up. Anyone that knows for sure probably couldn't actually say anything until it revealed at NAMM.

The RG-565 doesn't seem like the kind of model that would be high up there for a reissue. I would think they would at least do the 560 before the 565, but just speculation really, and this is assuming that it isn't the 770DX that is coming out. Who knows though, this may become a yearly thing for Ibanez. Considering they don't seem to make that pick-up configuration at the moment, it would certainly be a nice choice.
post #6 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 12:38 AM

Since they are only allowed 25 in the U.K. I wonder what the limit would be for the rest of the world? 100 total? Dibs on the red one!
post #7 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 02:40 AM

Reviews: 65

Sadly not a model for me, I hate maple boards...
post #8 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:11 AM

Reviews: 25

I wonder if the flight cases will be red and blue also ???
post #9 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 10:44 AM

So sad if Ibanez fall in the "we did better things before and now we don’t look forward anymore, we do reissue" thing that Fender and Gibson are so stuck in.
The ones who care for these guitars will think “the old ones where better” anyway, and “it’s not the same” bla bla.
And people buy them and think the will be collectors items, and they never will, and people will fell sorry for spending money on a guitar laying under the bad to grow in value but never does.

Don’t get me wrong, I love these models, but let them stay in the past.
Look forward, not backwards.

/Magnus
post #10 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 11:20 AM
HDS

Same thing happend to the 20th RG's
post #11 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez-Mag View Post
So sad if Ibanez fall in the "we did better things before and now we don’t look forward anymore, we do reissue" thing that Fender and Gibson are so stuck in.
The ones who care for these guitars will think “the old ones where better” anyway, and “it’s not the same” bla bla.
And people buy them and think the will be collectors items, and they never will, and people will fell sorry for spending money on a guitar laying under the bad to grow in value but never does.

/Magnus
+1 totally agree on how ibanez needs to move forward
post #12 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 11:59 AM

It is most likely in response to the countless posts on the ibanez forum asking for the 770 reissue.

It will be obvious today. Jay said he's posting another pic that will give away the guitar. The problem is they are having problems with spammers yet again.

Anyways apparently there are going to be new rgs as well. The new S model last winter was obviously something new. Along with the new more vintage looking model too.
They are moving forward as well. But one or two reissues certainly doesn't change their general march forward style. (reissues would be the new artist reissue of winter and now 770dx reissue)
post #13 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 12:51 PM

Reviews: 16

Yea, I saw this on the Ibanez forum last night. From all the talk it sounds like it's going to be a 770. I'll definitely be getting at least one...maybe one of each color. I just love those guitars!

post #14 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez-Mag View Post

/Magnus
A thought-provoking post.

In general, quality is timeless. Whatever made a guitar "good" is the same thing that makes a guitar desireable today.

To talk more specifically- because I own one-- the 550 reissue is an excellent rock 'n roll electric guitar in 2008, as the original 550s were in the late 80s.

* Fujigen made, quality throughout
* 5-piece neck with titanium reinforcement
* fine hardware (Gotoh tuners, locking nut. Smooth, highly functional, reliable Edge trem)
* clear, responsive V1/S1/V2 pickups that offer a wide and versatile range of tones from chimey cleans to bluesy, classic rock to metal to hillbilly vampire punk, you name it this guitar can do it . . .

Ibanez caled it an anniversary edition re-issue, but they didn't have to. They could have just put it in their '07 catalog as a regular production model. In fact, I'm not the only one who thinks they should. For $900, it's a great option whether it's NOW or NOSTALGIA.

Writing this has made me want to get mine and play it, see y'all later.

Peace

Mike
post #15 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikey Mikey View Post
A thought-provoking post.

In general, quality is timeless. Whatever made a guitar "good" is the same thing that makes a guitar desireable today.

To talk more specifically- because I own one-- the 550 reissue is an excellent rock 'n roll electric guitar in 2008, as the original 550s were in the late 80s.

* Fujigen made, quality throughout
* 5-piece neck with titanium reinforcement
* fine hardware (Gotoh tuners, locking nut. Smooth, highly functional, reliable Edge trem)
* clear, responsive V1/S1/V2 pickups that offer a wide and versatile range of tones from chimey cleans to bluesy, classic rock to metal to hillbilly vampire punk, you name it this guitar can do it . . .

Ibanez caled it an anniversary edition re-issue, but they didn't have to. They could have just put it in their '07 catalog as a regular production model. In fact, I'm not the only one who thinks they should. For $900, it's a great option whether it's NOW or NOSTALGIA.

Writing this has made me want to get mine and play it, see y'all later.

Peace

Mike
My intentions were not to provoke anyone.

I agree, quality is timeless, a good “thing” is a good “thing”. But it don’t seem to be a very well spread opinion among guitar players in general. The general opinion seem to be more in the line of “everything was better before”, just look at any brand forum in the world (or guitar forum), the vintage market, the reissue this, reissue that, that comes out form everyone these days.
Just look at peoples love for writing the year the guitar was made even before they write what model it is.

I know the guitars, I own the 550 reissue too, and 4 or 5 of the original ones (two from the same first year they came out), all great guitars, but the old ones are better :-) (JOKE!).

Anyway, I would be fine with the just making a RG770 or whatever and it were just there in the catalogue. No problem in taking a good thing back.
But I think this reissue thing have gone ridiculous in the guitar world right now (especially brands like Fender and Gibson). First they make a reissue, then the make a new that is even closer to the original, then they make yet a new one where they moved the neck dots too, then yet another reissue where they use some of the same machines as they did way back when, then yet another one where the same person did wind the pickups, and it goes on and on.

Ibanez have been staying away from this reissue hysteria very well so far and I feel that it is a bit sad if they start falling into it too. I like things moving forward.
I’m not saying that I will be laying sleepless at nights crying my eyes out, I will still play Ibanez, but it is a bit sad anyway.
Mainly because I have to remove all my “Ibanez, new ideas for today’s musicians” flag down from my wall :-) (JOKE!)

/magnus

Last edited by Ibanez-Mag; 06-06-2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: add more

Tags
dot inlay , edge pros , edge zero , gotoh tuners , herc swirl , locking stud , mounted pickups , swirl jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode