Ibanez replacement necks??? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Ibanez replacement necks???

Ibanez sell original replacement necks openly?

I need desperately a PGM neck without the locking nut but can't find any, I already have everything for my PGM project: body, pickups, controls, gold fixed bridge, gold reversed tuners, even the Earvana Compensated Nut, the only thing that I need is the neck!

I emailed few weeks ago EKG and Chris Wood to make me a custom one and they didn't respond to me, I have been looking evilBay every day and nothing.

what I can do? what are my choices?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 09:50 PM

Re: Ibanez replacement necks???

I don't believe they do because they don't want people producing fakes, which, in their eyes is basically what you are about to do. Try Rich at IbanezRules, or Warmoth will do a Jackson style neck with a Wizard profile if you ask nicely enough.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 10:13 PM

cool! what color are you making valdex? can you post a pic? im interested of making one too.. pic please
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
I don't believe they do because they don't want people producing fakes,

Does that sentence make any sense? If you could buy original ibanez part necks, why would someone have the need to produce fakes. I could just buy one from Ibanez. Original
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP13 View Post
cool! what color are you making valdex? can you post a pic? im interested of making one too.. pic please
Custom made 1piece mahogany Ibanez PGM Style body. Professionally made and tung oiled by EKG guitars. Wired up with 2 dimarzio PAF PRO pickups and 1 FS1 middle pickup. Matching mahogany volume control, gold bridge and gold input jack and neck ferrules and screws. The only thing that I need is a neck to make an awesome guitar.

Also I want to make some vinil F-holes stickers but I need the exact template to do it, I don't know what color with fits on this kind of wood, I think white will be the safe choise.

Anyone have the F-holes template?
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 12:21 AM

Nice Mahogany! Good luck with the neck hunting - something will definitely show up. There are usually a few MIJ RG necks on the *Bay in any case.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 12:30 AM

Go with a MIJ RG neck on the 'Bay if your feeling lucky. I ran across a fellow jemsiter on the 'bay and got mine.

If you want the "full" PGM look (reverse headstock, maple board), you will have to goto a custom shop unless Rich has one.

Email ET guitars up top and see what they say.

Are you clear coating the f-holes when you get them on there or will they be removable?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
...unless Rich has one.
Email to Rich sent...

Quote:
Email ET guitars up top and see what they say.
Email to ET Guitars sent...

Quote:
Are you clear coating the f-holes when you get them on there or will they be removable?
I don't know yet, I think clear coated will look much better but I don't have any experience painting guitars. My two options will be:

What do you think guys?
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 01:58 AM
Vendor

No email received. At any rate the only PG neck I have is a 10th, 25 fret and couldn't tell you if you have enough intonation adjustment to make that work or not.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
No email received. At any rate the only PG neck I have is a 10th, 25 fret and couldn't tell you if you have enough intonation adjustment to make that work or not.
Ohh! i'm sorry, I just check and I typed wrong your email address, but anyway, as you say maybe the intonation will be a problem, I dont know if that neck is only longer than the usual (to accomodate the extra fret) with a normal neck pocket position of if the neck pocket is more close to the bridge. I can't figure how we can figure if will work or not

Maybe if you have a normal PGM or RG body you could install the neck and measure the distance between the nut and the 12th fret, and between the 12th fret and the bridge, if they are equal I'm prettty sure that would work. I think you know better than me what I'm talking about

The other problem is maybe that neck will be more expensive than all the others parts together! but maybe we can talk about it.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 09:12 AM

Hi, not to derail the thread but I just checked this v-rg builder thing and it is very cool.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 09:15 AM

I think both versions look cool and would look even cooler (IMHO) with a maple fretboard.

Keep us posted.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 11:59 AM

are those bride and tuning machine both gotoh? what model are they?
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
I think both versions look cool and would look even cooler (IMHO) with a maple fretboard.

Keep us posted.
I like it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP13 View Post
are those bride and tuning machine both gotoh? what model are they?
Yes both are gotoh, the bridge is model GTC102 and the tuners are SG360.

OMG I really need a neck!
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 03:04 PM

Right on!! Looks ~sweet~ Valdex

I can't tell which version I like better, but I'm leaning towards the maple. Good luck finding a neck for her. Keep hounding Chris (no pun intended )

BTW - you could always see if Gilkybear would sell you his neck

Tags
black headstock , clear coat , custom shop , david mccarroll , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , ekg guitars , fixed bridge , ibanez dealer , ibanez pgm , locking nut , maple fret , maple fretboard , paf pro , paf pro pickups , pro pickups , reverse headstock , tung oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode